General Street Fighter IV Knowledge Base

Its all about USF4 now
sergio reyes ledesma
Xbox Gamertag: sergioreyes09

Re: General Street Fighter IV Knowledge Base

Postby sergio reyes ledesma » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:41 am

practice is important
MY 3 SIGNATURE - GOOD PLAYER FAN STREET FIGHTER - ADVANCED PLAYER FAN STREET FIGHTER -EXPERT PLAYER FAN STREET FIGHTER - http://streetfighteradvancedplayerfanblog.blogspot.mx/ Image

ashvanden
PSN Gamertag: ashvanden

Postby ashvanden » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:29 pm

ULTRA Street Fighter IV is not goin' to be perfect. it will require some update and probably USFIV Ver, 2015 will be the last one

SaveDaGravvy
PSN Gamertag: SaveDaGravvy

Postby SaveDaGravvy » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:58 pm

Is there an updated frame data sheet for everyone yet? I hear the app isn't worth buying either.

Eddie_Dominguez
Xbox Gamertag: Eddie Dominguez

Postby Eddie_Dominguez » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:16 pm

I'm not sure if this is the place for character specific questions but I tried to post this in the Shoryuken forums but after I did I noticed that the comment before mine was posted years ago so I'm not hold my breath on a response. Anyway..

I have a lot of questions about my new main (Ken) and I'm hoping you guys can answer them and/or point me in the right direction. I've been maining Ken in Ultra after switching from Sagat in AE 2012 and there a few areas that I find myself struggling with.

Firstly is wake up game. Usually after a knockdown I find myself usually doing jump in short or jump in fierce into BNB shoryuken combos (c.lk, c.lp, s.lp, shoryuken) or some variation of that. But It get's very predictable after a while. I mean it works on people who try to mash on jump in but for those disciplined players it's not really the best option. So first, I would like to know what I should be doing on my opponents wake up, in general. Also I forgot to mention that sometimes I see good players notice that my jump in short is hitting high and they will reversal uppercut or something of that nature.

Secondly is crouch techers. I usually try to mix in kara grabs when I find my opponent blocking my block strings (block strings is another thing I struggle with) but I need something to catch those crouch techers with a counter hit when they are mashing grab. Does Ken have any counter hit setups for crouch techers that are fairly universal to the whole cast.

Ok next thing is what I just mentioned above and thats block strings. I've really had to learn the hard way that Ken's crouching medium into fireball is not very good and i cant tell you how many times i've wanted to through my stick across the room when I outplay someone and then they do ultra through my c.mk fireball or shoryuken through it. So what are the effective block strings that are tight and are hard to/or can't be reversaled?

I think that is pretty much it for now. I guess it would be cool to know like the general gameplan and mentatlity you should have as a Ken player. I know he hits hard so I try to stay right in uppercut anti air range and use f+mk to frustrate my opponents.

Also are there any tips on comboing into Ultra II?? My execution is pretty good with all of Ken's combos, 1 frame links included, but I can never get this one down for some reason which sucks because I know i should be using it against certain characters like Sagat.

Well hopefully you guys can help. Thanks in advance.

BlakeSanden970
Xbox Gamertag: Blake Sanden970

Postby BlakeSanden970 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:20 pm

interesting topic for sure

BLAKE SANDEN970
XBL
A Rank Guile TOP 10 IN THE WORLD

perfectionist
Xbox Gamertag: l satori l

Postby perfectionist » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:02 am

Hey everyone....
Hoping to find a person who can help me elevate my game as eryu..I would really appreciate a training buddy possibly in the NYC area, will be even willing to pay if I see some real changes in my game thanks hit me up.

Shozuhn
Overseer Code: SFXT Elena Overseer
PSN Gamertag: Shozuhn

Postby Shozuhn » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:24 pm

Quick question:

As a Decapre player, I hear from most people that she is meant to be a defensive character. Her only reliable anti-air requires a down charge to use. And she has excellent pokes to use. I see a lot of high level Decapre's that play very defensively.

However, then I see Infiltration play as her. And he goes completely berserk with her. Pure rush down. I also notice he rarely uses her 'rapid daggers' move; which most every other Decapre player I've ever seen seems to rely on heavily.

So my question is: how is Decapre used best?

Now I know a lot of characters can be played differently to suit the players style. But I also don't know if I've ever seen a character that can be used quite as differently as she can be at high level play. So is she best defensive or offensive? Is 'rapid daggers' a must use move for a Decapre player, or is it not very necessary, as infiltration ignores it?

Oculus-Orbis
Trophy Code: PSN EC SSF4
Xbox Gamertag: Oculus Orbis
PSN Gamertag: Oculus-Orbis

Postby Oculus-Orbis » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:32 am

Shozuhn wrote:Quick question:

As a Decapre player, I hear from most people that she is meant to be a defensive character. Her only reliable anti-air requires a down charge to use. And she has excellent pokes to use. I see a lot of high level Decapre's that play very defensively.

However, then I see Infiltration play as her. And he goes completely berserk with her. Pure rush down. I also notice he rarely uses her 'rapid daggers' move; which most every other Decapre player I've ever seen seems to rely on heavily.

So my question is: how is Decapre used best?

Now I know a lot of characters can be played differently to suit the players style. But I also don't know if I've ever seen a character that can be used quite as differently as she can be at high level play. So is she best defensive or offensive? Is 'rapid daggers' a must use move for a Decapre player, or is it not very necessary, as infiltration ignores it?

Not so quick ...answer.

First off. The thing with Infiltration, is that he plays his opponents, as much or more than he plays the characters.
Which is one of the reasons he can be so effective with whichever character he uses.
This also makes it really hard to gauge a character's strengths/weaknesses by watching a player such as this.

That said, the game in it's current form, tends to favor aggressive play.
If you are force yourself on your opponent in certain ways, it puts them in a position where they have to A)figure out what you are doing, and B)Find and execute appropriate solution/counter. Basically, you have a lot to gain.
The time it takes a human being to process information and subsequently react/perform in real-time, can be an enormous tool in your arsenal.
In a game where fractions of a second can mean the difference between winning and losing; The time spent figuring out how to escape/reverse a rushdown can easily mean death for the defender.
Which is why you hear many players referring to an opponent as panicking or put 'on tilt'.
This is essentially when a player can no longer properly process their options and basically freak out and act out of desperation.
Trying whatever random thing they can, to try and get out of the disadvantageous position they're in.
Some players take a while to crack, some hit the panic button right away.
I'll also take this time to stress how important it is to practice dealing with pressure.
Players who are naturally defensive inevitably gain this particular type of experience to some degree or another,
but I digress.

In any case, combine an effective rushdown, with a character's natural ability to capitalize on mix-ups and/or deliver air-tight pressure(something Decapre can at times, do), you then have a winning combination.

As to how she is "best" played, I'm afraid I don't have the expertise to say, either way.
But I think a lot of it depends on the person you are playing against.
Your best bet would be to learn how to play your character in as many different ways as you can.
Be it rushdown, turtling or anywhere in between.
That way, you can be somewhat prepared for any opponent.

There is also the idea that if everyone plays a character in a certain way.
Even if it's considered the "Best" way to play a character.
It's much easier to develop a counter-strategy, based upon experience alone.
You then run the risk of your opponent easily figuring out what you are attempting.
Because it's what everyone else before you, already did.

Never undervalue the unexpected approach.

For example, I often play an aggressive, awkward, rushdown Dhalsim.
It throws people off because they see my character, then their brain starts conjuring up all this match-up experience.
They then think to themselves, "Okay, a Dhalsim...I know what this guy wants to do. Easy."
They are then caught off-guard, when I start coming at them hard.
And because it's not what they are expecting, it 'puts the ball in my court' so-to-speak.
Now, it won't work vs. every player/character combination.
But it can be just what is needed to win in certain matches.

Food for thought.

Return to “Ultra Street Fighter 4”