Beast. That is all.
Main: Juri and Ibuki

"People call me hadoken cause I'm down right fierce."
"Guile will never reach his fullest potential cause he's always holding back."

air-reez
PSN Gamertag: Air-Reez

Re: Dan's ultra (both new and old)

Postby air-reez » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:02 pm

I didn't get to LOOK AT THE DAMAGE, but it looks real good, might be harder to punish than Ryu's.
I wish more people used Dan.

Voa
Overseer Code: EventHubs Forum Guide
PSN Gamertag: Voa316

Postby Voa » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:34 pm

I do. so far he's not as bad as people make him out to be. he's low tier for a reason though. If you're gonna play dan, just play ryu. ryu is better than him in every way.

Oculus-Orbis
Trophy Code: PSN EC SSF4
Xbox Gamertag: Oculus Orbis
PSN Gamertag: Oculus-Orbis

Postby Oculus-Orbis » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:24 pm

Voa wrote:I do. so far he's not as bad as people make him out to be. he's low tier for a reason though. If you're gonna play dan, just play ryu. ryu is better than him in every way.

They don't play the same at all.
I disagree that Ryu is better "in every way".
While Ryu overall, has more options, Dan has tricky, solid normals, and odd priorities.
Not to mention some serious combo ability.

Voa
Overseer Code: EventHubs Forum Guide
PSN Gamertag: Voa316

Postby Voa » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:46 pm

dan's combo ability is no different from ryu's. his main combo ( :joystick-up-right: :kick-hard: then :punch-hard: then tatsu) is no different from ryu's. The difference in damage is not that big either. I guess i can say that dan's light tatsu is beast with priority, but ryu's light shoryu trumps almost everything in this game. I seriously don't know what dan has that can be held above ryu.

Oculus-Orbis
Trophy Code: PSN EC SSF4
Xbox Gamertag: Oculus Orbis
PSN Gamertag: Oculus-Orbis

Postby Oculus-Orbis » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:42 pm

Voa wrote:dan's combo ability is no different from ryu's. his main combo ( :joystick-up-right: :kick-hard: then :punch-hard: then tatsu) is no different from ryu's. The difference in damage is not that big either. I guess i can say that dan's light tatsu is beast with priority, but ryu's light shoryu trumps almost everything in this game. I seriously don't know what dan has that can be held above ryu.

Comparing a BnB. has little to do with Combo ABILITY.
But honestly, the point is that they are simply different characters.
My personal style relies heavily around normals.
Ryu, and Dan's normals are completely unique from one another, and with that comes many (dis)advantages.
:geek:
-Ryu's normals are quick to come out(great for stuffing/reactive play, solid pokes), but are a bit lacking in recovery(whiffed normals punished easily(one of Ryu's bigger flaws)).

-Aside from having completely different animations(and subsequently, hitboxes), Dan's are the opposite.
Slow start-up(bad for reactive play, moderately good pokes, works well for strategic play),
but have very good recovery(great for links, great for meaties, and are relatively safe).
His normals also give him solid, long chains for zoning/footsies.

As for specials they are Fairly different themselves...
:ugeek:
-Gadoken has a 1-frame disadvantage to start-up compared to Hadoken, but has much better recovery, ESPECIALLY LP Gadoken(which is equal in damage to all Ryu's Hadokens).
Mainly used in Combos(particularly FADCs, or as an ender/juggle(EX)), and also, works well to build meter(the lack of distance, allows for rapid use).

-Koryuken also has 1-frame disadvantage to start-up, but also 1-frame disadvantage to block-stun.
Thereby tipping the scales ever so slightly in Ryu's favor. However they have the almost the exact same height/distance, making them equally useful when timed correctly(anti-air, both chars can juggle with other moves afterward(including (EX)DP).

I could go on, but I'm sure you get the point(Don't get me started on the Danku, lol)...
...they are simply different.
If you try to play Dan, like you're playing Ryu, you will likely not fare too well.
Dan simply requires unique method.
I'm not saying Dan is better, but I don't believe Ryu is better in every respect.
Though one could sit, and argue till their blue in the face, I prefer to gather the facts, and make my point.
But everyone's got an opinion, so... :P

Aside from all that(back to the topic at hand), He has a beastly Ultra, and tons of ways to set it up.
It works perfectly, as a counter Ultra, and is comical(cause we all know that makes all the difference) :D .

All I can say is, I can't wait to try his new Ultra. :twisted:

Return to “Ultra Street Fighter 4”