Help for a newer player

Its all about USF4 now
iNFlux
Xbox Gamertag: Drewmen

Help for a newer player

Postby iNFlux » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:53 pm

When someone charges a FADC and you try and walk back, all it does it stand still and block. This Happens for all moves and this is before I get hit. How can I turn this off?

UncleBibby
PSN Gamertag: UncleBibby

Re: Help for a newer player

Postby UncleBibby » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:52 pm

there's something in street fighter where there's a programmed hitbox for where an opponent should be forced to block when they hold back and where they just walk backwards. if you are stuck in that hitbox when your opponent is charging a Focus Attack, you have multiple options of escape, and they will either save you or not, depending on what your opponent does with the focus attack.

You can backdash. backdashes have invincibility at the start and move backwards whether you're in the blocking hitbox area or not. This beats Focus Attacks as long as you time it right.

You can jump. this beats focus attacks but if the opponent cancels their focus attack into a forward dash they can chase you down.

You can do an invincible or armor-breaking move. this is risky but great for getting easy damage sometimes.

Or you can just wait and block, hoping they don't do the full unblockable version.

FatMus2
Overseer Code: SFxT Heihachi & Yoshimitsu Overseer
Xbox Gamertag: Fat Mus2
PSN Gamertag: FatMus2

Postby FatMus2 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:16 pm

There's a system called proximity blocking, which means when an opponent does an attack your character will automatically block when they're at a certain distance. You can't turn this off so you have to do what Bibby said.

Also, moved to the SF4 forum.
Don't change the channel!
"it's funny how sometimes the best strategy is to play dumb" - UncleBibby, 2016.
Spoiler: show

Acid 97

Postby Acid 97 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:27 am

There's no counteracting proximity blocking, though it's better to turn it off for unblockables.

However, in the case of the focus attack, backdashing or going in and jabbing twice is the solution. Otherwise, pop your tatsu or armor breaker if you feel like taking risks.
Avatar by AEkashics. Visit @ http://akashics.moe
----
Take everything from the above post with a pinch of salt.
----
Oculus-Orbis wrote:Everyone thinks they have awesome ideas; Few actually do.
----
If you're bored, that's probably because you are a boring person.
----
I love to love and hate to hate, but love hates me and hate loves me.
----
My Mugen Characters folder
Current patch: 2.0.2: Grand Finale
Planned: hotfixes.

Schmitty44
Overseer Code: USF4 Guy Overseer
Xbox Gamertag: IGOTDASCHMITTS

Postby Schmitty44 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:32 am

FatMus2 wrote:There's a system called proximity blocking, which means when an opponent does an attack your character will automatically block when they're at a certain distance. You can't turn this off so you have to do what Bibby said.

Also, moved to the SF4 forum.

I'd like to add a little clarify, it does no mean they will automatically block, it means they will not move while blocking while within the distance. I'm sure it's what you meant but the wording was a bit misleading which is important for new players.
USF4 mains: 1. Guy 2. Balrog
SFV main: Ryu
UMvC3: Hsien-Ko,Hulk,Sentinel/Hulk,Dormammu,Wesker
SFxT: Hwoarang, Christie

gamersurfer83
PSN Gamertag: chivokano

Postby gamersurfer83 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:21 pm

Very good advise they are giving you.
If close enough you are,
Can also grab the punk trying tricking you.

Return to “Ultra Street Fighter 4”