Memories and Moments of Street Fighter 4 Era

Its all about USF4 now
Zombiebrian
Overseer Code: GOD

Memories and Moments of Street Fighter 4 Era

Postby Zombiebrian » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:24 am

Ok so this coming year will be the last for sf4 (i know some will continue to play it) and i was thinking of doing a music vid tribute using all the moments we have seen over the years and i also want to hear people memories of the series.

So this thread is for just that
Angry old survivor from 2009 eventhubs :evil:

Zombiebrian
Overseer Code: GOD

Re: Memories and Moments of Street Fighter 4 Era

Postby Zombiebrian » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:36 am

Memory from playing - travelling to a neighbouring city in a tight enclose underground bar meant for live music having a crowd surrounding me and there best player and then making a heck of a comeback in the 2nd match ultimatley i lost the 3rd match but th adrenaline was pumping.

Memory From Watching Live - OMH going on a tear through the "top players in the UK" at Hypespotting 3

Memory from Monstering - Justin Wong vs Diago ft10 vanilla sf4 Justin trying nearly every character in the game :D
Angry old survivor from 2009 eventhubs :evil:

Sulfur
Overseer Code: The FGC's best Vega
PSN Gamertag: spypilot3
Location: Staring at my copy of SFV while I study for college.

Postby Sulfur » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:10 pm

Memory from playing - Executing my first hadouken by complete accident, 2 seconds after picking Ryu as my second character.

Memory From Watching Live - Never dun it.

Memory from Monstering - Luffy winning Evo with Rose against Bonchan's sagat had me biting my nails with hype.

FatMus2
Overseer Code: SFxT Heihachi & Yoshimitsu Overseer
Xbox Gamertag: Fat Mus2
PSN Gamertag: FatMus2

Postby FatMus2 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:10 am

Memories from playing: Finding EH and upping my game immensely, specifically the IRC with Zombie and Ocs kicking my ass showing me things. Wish I'd have found it sooner.

Memories from watching live: Not a specific memory but attending the SF 25th anniversary was a blast.
Don't change the channel!
"it's funny how sometimes the best strategy is to play dumb" - UncleBibby, 2016.
Spoiler: show

ChipsLight
Overseer Code: SFxT Ogre Overseer, SFxT M.Bison Overseer

Postby ChipsLight » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:11 am

Memories from playing : Surviving from a Ryu's U1 that was going to cheap me out while I woke up by using EX Psycho Crusher to nullify 2 projectiles and to pass through the opponent, giving me the opportunity of winning the match.
Icon by Ztagger.
Spoiler: show

UncleBibby
PSN Gamertag: UncleBibby

Postby UncleBibby » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:20 pm

memories from playing: achieving B-rank online on my PS3 back in Arcade Edition (maybe 2012v, i can't remember) with T.Hawk.

memories from watching live: meeting justin wong and gootecks when they came to Calgary for the first Canada Cup.

memories from monstering: watching Infiltration pull out his secret Hakan against PR Balrog and instantly blowing everyone's minds, watching Ryan Hart play against early-alpha Decapre without knowing she was a charge character.

Aznflavor
Xbox Gamertag: aaazn
PSN Gamertag: aznflavor

Postby Aznflavor » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:28 am

Memories from playing:

*winning an SG tourney in vanilla sf4 on the ps3.
*the rush of playing a 'known' player in the community
*winning the inaugural ranbats at eventhubs!
*realizing that catalyst doesn't just run EH, he's a pretty damn good player.

Memories from Monstering:

*2009 evo grand finals beween daigo and jwong. such an epic match and i was giving my cousin the play by play because he was on the road.

*2009, the first time i saw a daigo match. he played against iyo('sim) and wow, he made sf4 look sooooo fun!

Memories in general:

the friends i made at eventhubs. i have countless hours of memories from EH. i've sort of moved on, but i'll never forget the good times! the community was great and i always loved logging into the irc chat every morning.

Commander-In-Chief: Sagat
General: Balrog

BrianCrowMn
Xbox Gamertag: CrowMn

Postby BrianCrowMn » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:44 pm

From playing
-Randomly coming across top ranked online players and getting a good chance to test myself against players WAY better than me. Only ever beat a Rank #14 Hakan player once. Got wrecked on rematch though.

In general
-Just being there to see the FGC explode again and seeing fighting games make an awesome comeback after that rough patch in early 2000s. I was glad that Street Fighter 4 was great but I was happier at seeing what Street Fighter 4 being great would mean in the years after.

LightningBS
PSN Gamertag: TheLightningBS

Postby LightningBS » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:41 pm

Memory from playing - Making a comeback with Guy in a Team Battle (my only one overall). Very few good memories playing, the rest are bad lol.

Memory from watching live - Zero. Wish to attend an EVO in the future.

Most of my memories really come from replays (as if my channel doesn't give it away). Having seen PSN Asia and N. America replays, I really got hooked with Europe. Ridiculous scene with the players there. Matt-Hazard, JohnryHenson, Ludopro84, club_seal, shinbojan, GaSsToN, Nassim-69700, Prophecie, Gipala, Aquagen84 (to name a few), underrated bunch imo. Favorite match is still Henson's Bison vs Ludo's Sim.

Brutalion
Xbox Gamertag: ExBrutalion
PSN Gamertag: Brutalion

Postby Brutalion » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:20 pm

Memories from playing: Having some of the best matches and the most fun on this forum. Playing in the ranbats held on this forum, and doing poorly lmao. Good times. Going 0-60 against Raikage in one session, and not giving a crap because of how fun it was.
Ultra SF4 Mains: Guile/Dee Jay
Ultra SF4 Secondaries: Dudley/Gen

Return to “Ultra Street Fighter 4”