Spar with someone in USF4? chat about it here

Its all about USF4 now
UncleBibby
PSN Gamertag: UncleBibby

Re: Spar with someone in USF4? chat about it here

Postby UncleBibby » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:44 pm

Rachis wrote:Just keep working at it Bibby. I was the same for a while. Playing fighters takes a lot of mental work. I guarantee you're recognizing things that you're not even thinking about. When you've spent those mental resources, it's natural to need a break. You end up spending those resources more quickly when you're learning. I won't say practice makes perfect, but it does create comfort with the task at hand. The more you play against people, the more comfortable you will become. I used to only be able to play a few matches at a time. Now I can play for several hours without needing much more than bathroom break.

Just gotta believe in yourself and practice effectively. Beating your fingers around for hours doesn't do yourself any good. Make sure you work on specific things. I'll send you a friend request and we can play sometime.

I'll accept your friend request but i don't want to play USF4 online at all with anyone for a long time if i can. So, thank you for the offer but i think it would be risky to play against you at all.

Today i got mad at the doctor's office and not only broke my $1000 Apple Watch but i ripped my hand open and it was bleeding all over the doctor's office. So i don't think i'm able to do online USF4 right now because i am obviously not capable of controlling myself right now. sorry.

Zombiebrian
Overseer Code: GOD

Postby Zombiebrian » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:46 am

GGS fatmus2 thanks for helping take the edge off the rust out connection wasnt the best at time but it really did help I managed to dash ultra you a few times which was a comfort i really need to train myself to deal with people jumping all over chun better use of spaceing and her albeit poor aa's that said your tendency to dp at crazy unsafe moments really is doing yourself no justice. Thats said yeah both really rusty
Angry old survivor from 2009 eventhubs :evil:

Zombiebrian

Postby Zombiebrian » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:44 am

Pandora our matches were really laggy and we didnt use mains for the most part. I dont think you are that good with decapre from what ive seen maybe need to watch some high level players, one thing i could tell from watching you is you suffer from Salt you have a tendency to undermine what your opponent does to you instead of being angry you were dumb enough to get hit by it. If you throw that **** off you will begin to learn and play a lot better.

That said you are undoubtedly a very good player

PandorasCrate
Overseer Code: USF4 Cammy overseer
PSN Gamertag: Pandoras_Crate

Postby PandorasCrate » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:16 pm

Zombiebrian wrote:] one thing i could tell from watching you is you suffer from Salt you have a tendency to undermine what your opponent does to you instead of being angry you were dumb enough to get hit by it. If you throw that **** off you will begin to learn and play a lot better.

I know this is something I have to work on and believe me, I am making an effort to do so. And I know my Decapre is ass, I just started using her like two days ago, so I've got some work to do.

I appreciate your criticism and I look forward to our next bout. :D

Zombiebrian

Postby Zombiebrian » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:32 pm

Fatmus2 - ggs still dp'ing too much when it makes no sense to do so and is a huge risk.

Lavaman - You need more gametime and instead of assuming everyone is better than you start putting in the time and homework. Everyone needs to start somewhere and i can tell you have started but feel you have hit a wall. Try looking up matches where your main has played characters you have faced today you might notice things.

Oculus - I really enjoy our sets they are the most challenging thinkers, hope we can get a long mains only set sometime.

Schmitty - not sure we ever played mains solid looking rog if looking a little impatient maybe check your rushdown when you have a life lead rog can be a wall, there are other ways to move fwd with out rushpunches and he has some great normals.

Marshy - gotta admit i hate decapre thats not your fault though, i gotta learn the match and react to them fadcs you were pulling i think to play her id need to play very defensive with chun but i'll prolly looksee what valmaster does and get back to you.

Wiggles - Solid ryu glad you have been putting in the hours you used to be somewhat of the whipping boy but now you are as solid as they come ggs.

7 players in one night thats been a long time since we have done that join the PC revolution guys :D

Schmitty44
Overseer Code: USF4 Guy Overseer
Xbox Gamertag: IGOTDASCHMITTS

Postby Schmitty44 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:22 pm

Zombiebrian wrote:Schmitty - not sure we ever played mains solid looking rog if looking a little impatient maybe check your rushdown when you have a life lead rog can be a wall, there are other ways to move fwd with out rushpunches and he has some great normals.

This is all good and true, I just don't like to sit and do nothing because it becomes predictable and gives them a free ticket in, gotta keep dash punching sometimes to keep them guessing, thats just my style though.Whaddya say we have a friendly ft5 sometime soon?
USF4 mains: 1. Guy 2. Balrog
SFV main: Ryu
UMvC3: Hsien-Ko,Hulk,Sentinel/Hulk,Dormammu,Wesker
SFxT: Hwoarang, Christie

FatMus2
Overseer Code: SFxT Heihachi & Yoshimitsu Overseer
Xbox Gamertag: Fat Mus2
PSN Gamertag: FatMus2

Postby FatMus2 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:40 am

Fun times playin with the PC lads. In all honesty, without blaming lag, I really do need to look at getting better with my reactions. I keep trying to read and I get it horribly wrong more than once lol. Definitely need to play you guys again, good variety of characters to fight, specially Schmitty with his Guy.
Don't change the channel!
"it's funny how sometimes the best strategy is to play dumb" - UncleBibby, 2016.
Spoiler: show

Schmitty44
Overseer Code: USF4 Guy Overseer
Xbox Gamertag: IGOTDASCHMITTS

Postby Schmitty44 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:33 am

FatMus2 wrote:Fun times playin with the PC lads. In all honesty, without blaming lag, I really do need to look at getting better with my reactions. I keep trying to read and I get it horribly wrong more than once lol. Definitely need to play you guys again, good variety of characters to fight, specially Schmitty with his Guy.

Aww well thank you :) You're Hugo was terrifying.
USF4 mains: 1. Guy 2. Balrog
SFV main: Ryu
UMvC3: Hsien-Ko,Hulk,Sentinel/Hulk,Dormammu,Wesker
SFxT: Hwoarang, Christie

Oculus-Orbis
Trophy Code: PSN EC SSF4
Xbox Gamertag: Oculus Orbis
PSN Gamertag: Oculus-Orbis

Postby Oculus-Orbis » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:00 am

I agree, fun times indeed.

UncleBibby
PSN Gamertag: UncleBibby

Postby UncleBibby » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:02 pm

i had some just-for-fun matches with a friend from the psych ward, here's our final match:

we had a lot of fun matches and the salt was pretty high but we both handled it well... i tried hugo rose hakan thawk zangief ehonda and maybe one more, i forget. he mostly used blanka and ken and he won at least one or two matches... i think i won a few more. you may notice he's got an unorthodox strategy (he doesn't use blanka's hops very much) but he gave me a good challenge for sure.

I think how well i handle my emotions while playing is 100% based on how well i'm doing so, when i play online and win a bit, it's not hard for me to stay stable but when i lose a ton THAT's when i start needing strategies to stay calm like i'm learning at the psych ward.

Return to “Ultra Street Fighter 4”