Spar with someone in USF4? chat about it here

Its all about USF4 now
ChipsLight
Overseer Code: SFxT Ogre Overseer, SFxT M.Bison Overseer

Re: Spar with someone in USF4? chat about it here

Postby ChipsLight » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:04 am

x Who Is Alpha wrote:ggs Lavama. Come back to me when you've chosen a character to stick with.

I want him to stick with Elena. I hate fighting her but he makes her so fun to fight against. Main the **** out of her Lavama, you can do it.
Icon by Ztagger.
Spoiler: show

PE4CE14
Xbox Gamertag: PE4CE14
PSN Gamertag: Spartanking14

Postby PE4CE14 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:52 pm

hey y'all i havent been on eventhubs in a good minute!! whats good?

I came to this thread because I need people to play with on USF4. I need training partners and people thats just trynna play the game and chill pretty much

I main Chun-Li if you guys can't tell, and my Gamertag is PE4CE14. send me a message, friend request, or a game invite and ill come! I have a mic so if you have a mic that'd be super dope.

Holler (TTS) @ me on xbox!
USFIV:Chun-Li
SF x Tekken: Poison x Julia
Chun-Li x Cammy
Tekken Tag 2: Jun Kazama / Alisa
DOA 5: Kasumi, Leifang, Ayane, Hitomi,
"Dont underestimate youth or gender" -Julia Chang

PhantomMonster
Xbox Gamertag: HilryClintun

Postby PhantomMonster » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:50 pm

Man I was playing this dick bag Dhalsim player on PC. Totally bodied me, GG's Oculus ;)

flatman123
PSN Gamertag: Jeff-Mci

Postby flatman123 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:01 am

I'm willing to sparr with anyone for a few hundred rounds

My characters:

Main: Akuma
Second: Oni
Third: Juri

PSN: Jeff Mci a.k.a Jeff-Mci

looking for all types of plyrs( mainly high-ranked aggressive players but anyone whos willing to go a few rounds so we can learn from each other etc. )...However I do need more experience going against Charged character ( Bison , Vega, etc. )...

Add me to your friends list and message me when ever you want.

UncleBibby
PSN Gamertag: UncleBibby

Postby UncleBibby » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:01 pm

I played 22 games against Oculus Orbis and i lost all of them. Two of them i almost won, most of them were close, but some of them i didn't even get a round. I feel like he's sort of in a higher level than i am at this game (whenever he cornered me with dhalsim for some reason none of my reversals would EVER come out no matter how hard i mashed them or how much invincibility they had) so i don't think fighting him was worth doing. i feel like i should play someone closer to my level if i actually want to improve at all. all i did with these matches is make my anger and depression worse and make all my clothes as sweaty as if i just jumped into a swimming pool. I had fun for the first dozen or so but it got steadily more into just a desire to kick Oculus's ass that i didn't get very far with... Now i just wanna go smash my head thru a wall and then stab myself in the heart with my steak knife.

UPDATE:

Okay... i've calmed down now a bit... i'm sorry... but i honestly did feel that way for a little while.... but... im trying to calm down now... but its hard... but i have to calm down... i have to... i can't think about this anymore...

Oculus... Did you think i was any good? Are you at all impressed by any of the damage i got on ya? or do you just think im a total scrub... i hope you dont think i was a scrub... i got a decent amount of rounds on you... i just never won a match... UGGAARGHGHGHGH I WANTED JUST ONE WIN SO BAD ARGHGHGHGH!!!!!!

I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down - I need to calm down -

ChipsLight
Overseer Code: SFxT Ogre Overseer, SFxT M.Bison Overseer

Postby ChipsLight » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:51 pm

If you want, we can do some matches together, I'm under Oculus level and I could help you improve.
Icon by Ztagger.
Spoiler: show

UncleBibby

Postby UncleBibby » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:13 pm

ChipsLight wrote:If you want, we can do some matches together, I'm under Oculus level and I could help you improve.

I'll... uh... *gulp* i'll think about it.................but right now i can't even THINK about playing street fighter anymore... i have to wait until i'm doing better and i don't know when that is and it might never come but i'll..... i'llll........... i'lllllll..............

.......i'll think about it but you're probably way better than me and even if you're not i don't think i can do this i can't do this i can't i can't play anything ever ever again for the rest of my life i just i just i just AAAAAAAGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGH

I can't play you right now maybe in a few weeks or something ok im just too nervous about it i can't even think about it right now im breathing so fast i need to calm down i need to calm down i need to calm down i need to calm down i need to calm down i need to calm down

UPDATE:
I'm sorry i'm not more willing to fight you right away. It's obvious you've been wanting to fight me for a while in USF4 and i don't wanna deny you that forever. i just wanna be ready for it and be able to handle 22 more losses in a row, if that is what happens, which it might!

Oculus-Orbis
Trophy Code: PSN EC SSF4
Xbox Gamertag: Oculus Orbis
PSN Gamertag: Oculus-Orbis

Postby Oculus-Orbis » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:24 am

Hey, don't be too concerned with wins/losses. The more you learn, the more wins you get.
There have been players I've fought that I simply cannot win against.
We all have it happen sooner or later and it's perfectly normal.

Anyhow, I haven't played you much before, but I do recall that I felt you had improved since then.
The matches were close. Some more than others.
Unfortunately, the character matchups were generally in my favor, so I had the advantage going in.
But I'm sure you are well aware that's one of the problems you'll have to deal with if you choose to play an imbalanced character archetype such as grapplers.
As far as the matches were concerned, I saw that you were getting most of your damage from one-off attacks. So I figured as long as I can deal more damage with a short combo or two, than whichever attack was hitting me, then I could take the round. That, combined with spacing and move priority, and a few gimmicky mix-ups :P , landed me the games.
Of course, there were a couple times where I simply lucked out. Overall though, I don't think you should beat yourself up over it, or feel ashamed. They're just games after all.
I'll understand if you don't want to fight me, but I would suggest instead, trying online training.
That way, wins/losses are removed from the equation, offering reduced stress. Because of this, the learning is more refined and communicative.
I like the idea of players leveling up. I want to aid in that process.

ggs.

UncleBibby

Postby UncleBibby » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:32 pm

Oculus-Orbis wrote:Hey, don't be too concerned with wins/losses. The more you learn, the more wins you get.
There have been players I've fought that I simply cannot win against.
We all have it happen sooner or later and it's perfectly normal.

Anyhow, I haven't played you much before, but I do recall that I felt you had improved since then.
The matches were close. Some more than others.
Unfortunately, the character matchups were generally in my favor, so I had the advantage going in.
But I'm sure you are well aware that's one of the problems you'll have to deal with if you choose to play an imbalanced character archetype such as grapplers.
As far as the matches were concerned, I saw that you were getting most of your damage from one-off attacks. So I figured as long as I can deal more damage with a short combo or two, than whichever attack was hitting me, then I could take the round. That, combined with spacing and move priority, and a few gimmicky mix-ups :P , landed me the games.
Of course, there were a couple times where I simply lucked out. Overall though, I don't think you should beat yourself up over it, or feel ashamed. They're just games after all.
I'll understand if you don't want to fight me, but I would suggest instead, trying online training.
That way, wins/losses are removed from the equation, offering reduced stress. Because of this, the learning is more refined and communicative.
I like the idea of players leveling up. I want to aid in that process.

ggs.

.....ok thank you.... ggs.

I'll think about the online training thing... might be worth a shot.

about the single hits thing... I can understand that being a complaint for when i played E.Honda or Rose but with characters like Hugo and T.Hawk you don't have a lot of combos at your disposal. Like, i guess i could try to hit confirm all those jabs i did into special moves but honestly, i'm not very good at hit confirming so i sorta feel it's better for me to do things like jab pressure and forcing 50/50 situations. But you're right, i'm not very good at finishing my combos.

the weird thing is, i practice combos in training mode like 10 times as much as i play against other people. Practicing combos in training mode (and occasionally playing Arcade Mode or Trials) is how i play fighting games when i can't handle playing against a real person, which is honestly the vast majority of the time. So i don't think i'm not practicing enough... i think it's just that all my practice muscle memory disappears when i play against a real person cuz i get so scared and nervous. I honestly think my biggest weakness in my FG playing is not just my execution, but my emotional fragility as well. It's part of why i basically never go to tournaments.

But maybe online training mode would be better, i dunno....

anyways.... ggs. Your Dhalsim is really good and i saw your Bison do a combo that looked really hard (knee press FADC jab jab short?) so he's probably one of your best too. I forget what the first character you used was... was it Ryu? i think i did the best against that, but probably just because i had just started playing against you and i was less stressed and stuff.

Rachis
Xbox Gamertag: none
PSN Gamertag: xRachis

Postby Rachis » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:36 pm

Just keep working at it Bibby. I was the same for a while. Playing fighters takes a lot of mental work. I guarantee you're recognizing things that you're not even thinking about. When you've spent those mental resources, it's natural to need a break. You end up spending those resources more quickly when you're learning. I won't say practice makes perfect, but it does create comfort with the task at hand. The more you play against people, the more comfortable you will become. I used to only be able to play a few matches at a time. Now I can play for several hours without needing much more than bathroom break.

Just gotta believe in yourself and practice effectively. Beating your fingers around for hours doesn't do yourself any good. Make sure you work on specific things. I'll send you a friend request and we can play sometime.

Return to “Ultra Street Fighter 4”