Spar with someone in USF4? chat about it here

Its all about USF4 now
Zombiebrian
Overseer Code: GOD

Spar with someone in USF4? chat about it here

Postby Zombiebrian » Thu May 22, 2014 11:30 am

Its very simple if you have had a session with one of the guys on here and wanna chat about it this is the place :D
Angry old survivor from 2009 eventhubs :evil:

Lavama
Xbox Gamertag: Dorda358 (PC)
PSN Gamertag: Lavama-
Wii Friend Code: Steam: Lavama

Re: Spar with someone in USF4? chat about it here

Postby Lavama » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:08 am

Hey I'd like to use this thread can someone fight me and win a lot so I can come on here and complain about net lag and filthy scrub combos and cheap characters that need nerfing? (Or, more seriously, why won't this thing read my HCF-K?)
Self Proclaimed Worst Player Here!

Keyblade
Overseer Code: Ibuki 3s Overseer
Zero UMVC3 Overseer
Julia SFXT Overseer
Xbox Gamertag: Keyblade9
PSN Gamertag: KeyBladeWeilder9

Postby Keyblade » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:59 pm

Lavama wrote:Hey I'd like to use this thread can someone fight me and win a lot so I can come on here and complain about net lag and filthy scrub combos and cheap characters that need nerfing? (Or, more seriously, why won't this thing read my HCF-K?)

That's a really odd request lol.
Your guy for all things J-Stars , Toonami, and Persona releated stuff.
J-Stars: Tsuna/Medaka/Oga/Naruto/Killua
SFV: Ibuki/Chun-Li
DFCI: Kirito/Yukina/Miyuki
P4U: Yosuke/Naoto/Yukari
Smash: Zero Suit Samus/Pit/Palutena/Pac-Man
Blazblue: Makoto/Litchi/Tsubaki
P4A Yosuke Guide -- My Scrubby Persona Play
Eventhub's Lady Lover and One of the Worse Players in the forum!

DMAN367
Xbox Gamertag: DMAN3431
PSN Gamertag: DMAN367

Postby DMAN367 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:55 pm

I'm down to play anyone. Add me on XBL. DMAN3431
ImageImage

Zombiebrian

Postby Zombiebrian » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:37 am

Sparred a little with Oculus

Damn that poison is hard to break down she recovers in time to far range aa me im one of the lucky ones who can roll through fireballs and its still tough she seems safe on a lot of her stuff and her ex dp doesn't seem half bad. Its a tight match between you and me but once all my gimmicks are out im done.

Oculus-Orbis
Trophy Code: PSN EC SSF4
Xbox Gamertag: Oculus Orbis
PSN Gamertag: Oculus-Orbis

Postby Oculus-Orbis » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:43 am

Zombiebrian wrote:Sparred a little with Oculus

Damn that poison is hard to break down she recovers in time to far range aa me im one of the lucky ones who can roll through fireballs and its still tough she seems safe on a lot of her stuff and her ex dp doesn't seem half bad. Its a tight match between you and me but once all my gimmicks are out im done.

Man, Rolento is confusing!
Up close, there's very little room to attack. And only after getting gimmicked, and subsequently combo'd a number of times searching for places to counter, did I eventually give up and attempt to block all of his crazy maneuvers(which was a task unto itself). Luckily from mid to full screen, it seemed I could limit your options a bit, mainly to the EX Roll, Wall-jump, jump forward.
But even when you get in you can quickly get out too with that back-roll, which makes it particularly difficult to catch you lol. 'Cause I mean sure, I can toss fireballs, and the occasional anti-air, but I really want to be comboing. It's just really hard to gain momentum, and pressure him.
Also man...I thought I grabbed a lot!
During the first few rounds, I got tossed around like a b*tch, and was forced to tech/attempt throws of my own.
So many times I get tossed after a whiffed x-up attempt. As I'm still trying to learn the ranges of her jumps, normals, and the hurtboxes of others.
That said, it seemed I had to really adapt my playing just to get by, which is good, imo.

Our matches are indeed tight, close, and quite enjoyable(as usual).
I also think Rolento is a great fit for you. If you are this effective in the first week after release, I'd really like to see what you can do given months of training.

GGs

jleadership
Xbox Gamertag: GreatNoahsArc
PSN Gamertag: NoahsArk641

Postby jleadership » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:35 am

Played a little with zombie:

In the training session we had i was totally lost, I was just actually getting the time off to play. Then we went to fight and
I guess I got lucky. I didn't even do any research or attempt anything fancy, but since then I have done some homework so I should know a thing or too. Rolento is confusing, but he does have flaws like Hugo.

Oculus: What could I say. It was obvious you did some homework, but I did get a little discouraged. I mean poisons zoneing and Hugos mobility dont mix, lol. I even went to decapre and while she is a charage character, she is rush down. Let me remind you that during those sessoins was my first time so i was excited to play and wanted hit the lab at the same time :lol:
I have since did my home work and have given hugo another chance. why, because his character design is gdlk :?
plus decapre is to much like cammy, I feel like i'm mimicing kbrad or something :lol:

I have since learned what i need to play hugo and thats patience. he is unlike any of the other character so playing him like his normals are like the rest of the cast will get me killed fast.

GGS Fellas, look forward to our next matches and it WILL be all hugo :x
SFV-Alex

Oculus-Orbis
Trophy Code: PSN EC SSF4
Xbox Gamertag: Oculus Orbis
PSN Gamertag: Oculus-Orbis

Postby Oculus-Orbis » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:58 am

jleadership wrote:Oculus: What could I say. It was obvious you did some homework, but I did get a little discouraged. I mean poisons zoneing and Hugos mobility dont mix, lol. I even went to decapre and while she is a charage character, she is rush down. Let me remind you that during those sessoins was my first time so i was excited to play and wanted hit the lab at the same time :lol:
I have since did my home work and have given hugo another chance. why, because his character design is gdlk :?
plus decapre is to much like cammy, I feel like i'm mimicing kbrad or something :lol:

I have since learned what i need to play hugo and thats patience. he is unlike any of the other character so playing him like his normals are like the rest of the cast will get me killed fast.

GGS Fellas, look forward to our next matches and it WILL be all hugo :x

Yeah it seems Poison vs Hugo is a little rough for Hugo, but I suppose Zoner, vs Grappler has always been this way.
There were some times where you were making me sweat though. With Hugo armor moves, and properly timed jumps/attacks, he can make it past my mindless fireball spam. And once in, all I can really do is try to escape, since he out-ranges her with normals. That said, I look forward to playing you more! GGs

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Played Marshy...

...and I now hate fighting Decapre...at least with Poison.
It seems to me that Decapre simply devours strict zoning.
Not only is her pressure air-tight, but her ability to feint, as well as plow through fireballs(scoring a knockdown), makes it incredibly difficult to out-zone her. I resorted to having to try a multitude of things, some working out, some not.
None with any sort of consistency however, as I'm still learning my character.
Clearly you've got a bit more exp with your new character than I do with mine.
I'm just not quite sure Poison has the tools to capitalize on any weaknesses Decapre might have.
The whole time, I was wishing that I was playing a rushdown character, or a character with a command grab.
But I'm trying to stick to my character choice so I can learn the matchups, and know when to make a character change(this being one of those times :lol: ).
However, I'm sure regardless of the character, there's a high likelihood of you simply outplaying me,
as you seem quite good as a player.
Myself, I can get baited pretty easily, as I play very much intuitively and 'in-the-moment'.
This, often being my downfall.

Though, I don't think I did too bad I guess...
...as I recall, in the end, it was a 2:1 win ratio you and I.

That said, Decapre makes me want to break stuff, and I look forward to playing you again. :lol:
Though, maybe in Online-Training mode haha.

GGs to the both of you! :)

xxMarshy
Overseer Code: *SFxT Overlord*
Xbox Gamertag: Nick the Smoke

Postby xxMarshy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:54 pm

Oculus-Orbis wrote:A lot of text.

GGs dude, yeah it was about 2:1 but that's really good considering it was your first or second time fighting Decapre. I'll give you a hint on dealing with Decapre's teleport gimmicks, none of them break armor except EX ground slam, so all you have to do is if you see me doing teleport moves and baiting and whatnot is to just charge your focus attack, if I go for an attack it's a free crumple, if I bait then backdash and I shouldn't be able to punish (easily at least), and if I do a crossup ground slam then just absorb and dash out of it towards me to punish. That's what I'll give you for now, you'll have to figure out the rest yourself 8-)

You're next, ZombieBrian.

Zombiebrian

Postby Zombiebrian » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:13 pm

ggs Jleader

Im still landing stuff after pogo which i shouldnt be able to with shootdown and other aa options. I get the impression you are for the most part letting me take the initive in the match and hoping to punish dumb ****, which occasionally you do but most times you dont. You need to relise what is and isnt punishable and by what. At the same time

http://youtu.be/NIbBRqAkmUU?t=4m6s

Return to “Ultra Street Fighter 4”