Who won E3 2017 for me

Talk about anything non-fighting game oriented, like politics or every day life.
Zombiebrian
Overseer Code: GOD

Who won E3 2017 for me

Postby Zombiebrian » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:19 am

Welp the conferences are done time to pull this sucker apart.

Ok well who won

Ubisoft won this year. Ranking A

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, Assassin's Creed Origins, The Crew 2, South Park: The Fractured But Whole, Skull And Bones, Beyond Good & Evil 2, Far Cry 5, Steep, Starlink: Batte For Atlas, Just Dance 2018, Transference and the south park mobile game.
Above are the games shown with the ones im interested in playing in bold there are other ones looking at like the starlink game but imma wait and see how they pan out. The main one im looking at is Skull and Bones I think many people forget just how good them sequences were in blag flag this game is gonna rock when it gets here.

Ubi are known largely for having the most cringy e3 shows but they flip reversed it with very few bad moments in the show (the start with Nintendo was pretty iffy) but this year the games came thick and fast and there was very little down time with even just dance being reduced to a piss break amount of time.

Microsoft - whats in a box x Ranking B-

Not a bad effort from MS this year even with the gigantic £450 sting in its tail, alot of talk about the xbo... x a clever name i grant them that. Sea of theives looks fun, battlegrounds is coming to both consoles but xbox firs,t lucky tail seems nice Anthem is a game im very much paying attention to it looks like a fine game,
Assassin's Creed Origins, Code Vein, Crackdown 3, The Darwin Project , Dragon Ball FighterZ, Forza Motorsport 7, Metro Exodus, Minecraft for Xbox One, Playerunknown's Battlegrounds, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, Super Lucky's Tale, Anthem

The presentation was swift (a reoccurring theme this year) and choc full of games but there was nothing thats gonna make me run out and buy any kind of xbox.

EA - Its in the game c+

Star Wars: Battlefront II, Anthem, A Way Out, Need For Speed Payback. ive left off the sports games cause i cba talking about that ****. EA had the cringyst show this year with lots of waffling about passion and buzzwords flying all over the place but gameswise there are a few biggies imma play the **** out of. They also appeared to do something unexpected and acknowledged the DLC fiasco that was Star wars Battlefront and have said they are gonna sort that for swbf2 this year with no paid dlc... EA did something nice scary times we live in.

Sony - Where are your games c-

I'll hold off shouting about the lack of sound when you guys **** up at the start of the stream, **** happens.
Days Gone, Monster Hunter World, Shadow of the Colossus, Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite, Call of Duty: WW2, God of War, Detroit: Become Human, Destiny 2, Spider Man
Now thats a nice little list of games (ive excluded the dlc for older games) but when you factor in the fact we already knew about most of them and one is a hd remake of a hd remake from the ps2 game it all starts to look a bit thin. Then ass in the missing Last of us 2, ff7r and you wonder if the PSX show has spread them too thin for game announcements this was also very much a nintendo direct with very few people ever on stage and thats fine.

Nintendo/dont d

25 min presentation with very few games that we didnt know about and 2 that seem to be little more than pub talk. You cant say mp4 or pokemon on console are there because they really werent one only had a title screen the other didnt even have that. The thing is i want to want a nintendo but nothing is coming as yet and nothing on the immediate horizon means i can wait till the prices fall which they will eventually. I do want what they have shown but nothing so far is worth the asking price and nothing looks to be coming in 2017/18 to make me change my mind
Angry old survivor from 2009 eventhubs :evil:

FatMus2
Overseer Code: SFxT Heihachi & Yoshimitsu Overseer
Xbox Gamertag: Fat Mus2
PSN Gamertag: FatMus2

Re: Who won E3 2017 for me

Postby FatMus2 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:22 am

Ubisoft for me. I may not have been excited for all the games but their presentation was easily the best.

And Mario + Rabbids don't hurt either lol. I love Xcom I love Mario so I love this idea.
Don't change the channel!
"it's funny how sometimes the best strategy is to play dumb" - UncleBibby, 2016.
Spoiler: show

BloodyNights
Overseer Code: Kenrin
PSN Gamertag: BloodyNights

Re: Who won E3 2017 for me

Postby BloodyNights » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:41 am

Ubisoft - Sadly I had zero interest in like any of the games. Mario + Rabbids was alright looking. But it isn't really my style. Beyond Good and Evil 2 looked nothing like Beyond Good and Evil, and most fans of the original couldn't even tell what it was until they told them. Rest of the games I had zero interest in. This is me personally. The presentation was okay until they showed Just Dance. So B mostly for presentation.

Microsoft - I felt like they did a good job at showing game after game for the most part. They were trying pretty hard to sell the Xbox One X, but no games they showed were really exclusive for the console. It had some false scripted gameplay showing with Metro, and Anthem to make them look prettier than they actually were. Dragon Ball Fighterz that everyone is hype for is also on ps4. Sea of Thieves looked okay though I will admit, it did start to sell me, and I don't even care about pirates. I'm a ninja guy! - B as well

Sony - They didn't wow anyone because almost every game they showed, we already knew about! Where was the hype surprises? At the very least even if they were showing more of the games that we've seen before a decent chunk were actual exclusives. Like God of War, and Spiderman. If I ignore the the sound hiccups, and the lag that was experienced while watching it. I'd honestly say Microsoft's presentation of just raw games shown was better. But at least Sony has given people a reason to actually own a ps4. - B+

Nintendo - I'm the most interested in their games out of all of them. I'm excited for Metroid Prime 4, and even a new core Pokemon game. I even digged Kirby. The new Mario looks awesome too. But...the presentation, and lack of even a small teaser for Pokemon, and Metroid hurt them. C+ for me.

This is just my personal opinion. Ultimately it comes down to the games shown, and them making me personally as a consumer want to own the product.

Return to “Off Topic”