The decline

Beware all who enter, this is a no-holds-barred area if you dont want to be offended by the salt on display turn back now
Zombiebrian
Overseer Code: GOD

The decline

Postby Zombiebrian » Sat May 28, 2016 4:36 pm

See, i was worried in the run up to v's launch. Five had to be good for the FGC's sake and on the surface everything looks hunky dory with evo having the biggest signups ever you might just assume that things have gone well but i see issues in the future with it.

Now before we go into it remember im in hundreds if not thousands of fgc communities around the world thanks to my mapping project. I see the day to day of most of the worlds activity in the fgc. The FGC was at an all time high in the run up to SFV but since its been out a while now i can tell you activity has fallen off a cliff.

SFV needed to polished (cough cough)
SFV needed to be good to watch and this is a big issue watching sfv on stream feels like chore where as sf4 was always a spectical.
SFV needed depth and its shallow
SFV needed to be fun to play and it is in its way but to me its only fun for so long.
SFV needed a great netcode, boy did they **** that one up
SFV needed different modes of play... i laughed a bit

SFV needs a big patch and not just a story mode and arcade fix which is too late for the casual fans who might have stuck it out if it was released at the time of launch, no some of the core gameplay needs re-thought out as is its messy in the neutral

SFV DIDN'T need to be not-sf4 they went out of their way to make it as different as possible and i can't get my head around why
Angry old survivor from 2009 eventhubs :evil:

UncleBibby
PSN Gamertag: UncleBibby

Re: The decline

Postby UncleBibby » Sat May 28, 2016 8:05 pm

i get what you're saying & i definitely agree that sf5 needs all that stuff but i think throwing the casuals under the bus is never a great idea at any point in a game's lifespan, especially in so early in sf5's probably-very-long lifespan. (guess who plays the games that the hardcore think is dead? the casuals, lol)

Zombiebrian
Overseer Code: GOD

Postby Zombiebrian » Sun May 29, 2016 5:05 am

UncleBibby wrote:i get what you're saying & i definitely agree that sf5 needs all that stuff but i think throwing the casuals under the bus is never a great idea at any point in a game's lifespan, especially in so early in sf5's probably-very-long lifespan. (guess who plays the games that the hardcore think is dead? the casuals, lol)

Actually no playing a game after it has died is kinda part of a definition of a hardcore player.

1.1M or whatever its sold less the amount of people who traded it soon after receiving it is not a huge marketplace for selling stuff and given the amount of people who will just refuse to buy dlc when an option exists to grind for it i honestly don't see the game having a long lifespan.

Ive seen scenes go back to playing 4 instead already
Angry old survivor from 2009 eventhubs :evil:

Acid 97

Postby Acid 97 » Mon May 30, 2016 11:18 pm

Zombiebrian wrote:Ive seen scenes go back to playing 4 instead already
Honestly it feels like people just can't get with the time.
I don't have personal gripes with 4, it is even a very good game, but V is not a bad game by any means, though the pace does seem slower. Just because a game doesn't satisfy doesn't mean the game is at fault. Sometimes it's the people who are to blame. I don't even know if fixing V's flaws will make people finally move on.
Avatar by AEkashics. Visit @ http://akashics.moe
----
Take everything from the above post with a pinch of salt.
----
Oculus-Orbis wrote:Everyone thinks they have awesome ideas; Few actually do.
----
If you're bored, that's probably because you are a boring person.
----
I love to love and hate to hate, but love hates me and hate loves me.
----
My Mugen Characters folder
Current patch: 2.0.2: Grand Finale
Planned: hotfixes.

Keyblade
Overseer Code: Ibuki 3s Overseer
Zero UMVC3 Overseer
Julia SFXT Overseer
Xbox Gamertag: Keyblade9
PSN Gamertag: KeyBladeWeilder9

Postby Keyblade » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:22 pm

Acid 97 wrote:
Zombiebrian wrote:Ive seen scenes go back to playing 4 instead already
Honestly it feels like people just can't get with the time.
I don't have personal gripes with 4, it is even a very good game, but V is not a bad game by any means, though the pace does seem slower. Just because a game doesn't satisfy doesn't mean the game is at fault. Sometimes it's the people who are to blame. I don't even know if fixing V's flaws will make people finally move on.

Just like there are still people who play 3rd Strike/SF2, only difference with 4 is that it was pretty much the Father of Modern Fighters since 08 and it won't ever go.
Your guy for all things J-Stars , Toonami, and Persona releated stuff.
J-Stars: Tsuna/Medaka/Oga/Naruto/Killua
SFV: Ibuki/Chun-Li
DFCI: Kirito/Yukina/Miyuki
P4U: Yosuke/Naoto/Yukari
Smash: Zero Suit Samus/Pit/Palutena/Pac-Man
Blazblue: Makoto/Litchi/Tsubaki
P4A Yosuke Guide -- My Scrubby Persona Play
Eventhub's Lady Lover and One of the Worse Players in the forum!

Sulfur
Overseer Code: The FGC's best Vega
PSN Gamertag: spypilot3
Location: Staring at my copy of SFV while I study for college.

Postby Sulfur » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:39 am

Keyblade wrote: stuff.

Street fighter IV is just more complex and more fun imo. I mean there was **** i hated (like 1f links in the middle of bnb's) and when i heard there would be 3f links at least in sfv i was excited. But the combos in the game don't go beyond 3 hits if you have no bar. And moves are way harder to punish. It feels everything is safe in 5.

SKILL
Xbox Gamertag: S KILL GR
PSN Gamertag: S-KILL_GR

Postby SKILL » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:20 pm

Zombiebrian wrote:See, i was worried in the run up to v's launch. Five had to be good for the FGC's sake and on the surface everything looks hunky dory with evo having the biggest signups ever you might just assume that things have gone well but i see issues in the future with it.

Now before we go into it remember im in hundreds if not thousands of fgc communities around the world thanks to my mapping project. I see the day to day of most of the worlds activity in the fgc. The FGC was at an all time high in the run up to SFV but since its been out a while now i can tell you activity has fallen off a cliff.

SFV needed to polished (cough cough)
SFV needed to be good to watch and this is a big issue watching sfv on stream feels like chore where as sf4 was always a spectical.
SFV needed depth and its shallow
SFV needed to be fun to play and it is in its way but to me its only fun for so long.
SFV needed a great netcode, boy did they **** that one up
SFV needed different modes of play... i laughed a bit

SFV needs a big patch and not just a story mode and arcade fix which is too late for the casual fans who might have stuck it out if it was released at the time of launch, no some of the core gameplay needs re-thought out as is its messy in the neutral

SFV DIDN'T need to be not-sf4 they went out of their way to make it as different as possible and i can't get my head around why

SFV needed more time to be a worthy full fledged successor to SF4.
Currently as it stands it's not a completely realised game, the one that SFteam wanted to achieve and if the decline continues unfortunately will never be.
If ever there will be an updated version of ULTRA with modern age graphics and its killer gameplay then I'll be back.
As is I will not support CAPCOM anymore by not buying season 2 or anything SFV related as I feel burned by the whole SFV beta fiasco and the season pass was a complete joke. Now couple all that with the absurd amounts of microtranactions and you can catch my point.
Honestly haven't played the game seriously for a long time as I find it boring to watch and play, and I hop on only on dlc releases.
I don't even watch tourneys related to the game.
On the other hand, SFV/CAPCOM made me appreciate other companies like ARCsys and it's BB/GG (never was that much into anime but now it's all I love and play as fighting games concerns), NRS/MKXL/IJ or even SNK/KOF14 for the love and care that they treat their products with attention to detail and to an extension us the customers.
I feel I'm done with CAPCOM.

P.s.
TWO MORE DAYS TILL BB CENTRAL FICTION!!!";)
GOD TIER...";(

Return to “Rants and Raves”