The FGC that part that really grinds my gears

Beware all who enter, this is a no-holds-barred area if you dont want to be offended by the salt on display turn back now
User avatar
Zombiebrian
Posts: 6948
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:35 pm
Overseer Code: GOD
Location: Dundee, Scotland
Contact:

The FGC that part that really grinds my gears

Postby Zombiebrian » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:20 am

Image

Lets start with the obvious that seem to upset a lot of people immediately but ironically doesn't bother me one jot some people in the FGC are hostile to me that **** comes with the territory in any competitive arena as long as they aren't bullying you or picking on you for reasons that are **** like being fat, being a different shade to them, your choice of god(s) then hell that's just motivation.

Playing to win and people whining that doesn't bother me much either seen as most playing to win players have a bone of scrubbyness in them and usually scrubs learn a bit of playing to win in time, nope that doesn't bother me either.

What about the way the elite act to people seeking their time and attention? not one bit if everywhere i went people were hassling me id prolly "me no speak der English" to you too.

What bothers me is when FGC fans of one series go out of there way to bash other games. Like I honestly dont like tekken or sfxt but i dont go into forum areas and such to be a dick and point out all of their many many many faults. Its massivley counter productive and a waste of time. I was in a group for all fighting games the other day this guy posted hating on how basic sfv is and long story short he is an anime fan and he loves them games. He isnt a sf fan never has or will be.

Right now sfv has people who cant **** wait to kick it to death even though it would mean hard times for the entire fgc and a potential 10 year wait for another one. ****
Angry old survivor from 2009 eventhubs :evil:

User avatar
Acid 97
Posts: 461
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:40 pm
Location: Some lost s**thole in France

Re: The FGC that part that really grinds my gears

Postby Acid 97 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:18 am

Agree with you here.

Killing Street Fighter is kinda killing the entire FGC. Street Fighter has built the very concept of fighting games as they are known today and it's still the best seller and the most known representative of fighting games to non-FGC audiences.

In general, Street Fighter selling less well means that the only thing carrying fighting game sales will be something like mouth-to-ear publicity or something, which of course would be a huge downgrade from what we have at the moment.

There's this sort of self-entitled brats who think their opinions must be spread to all and can't shut up about it. These people need to grow up or die in a fire.
Avatar by AEkashics. Visit @ http://akashics.moe
----
Take everything from the above post with a pinch of salt.
----
Oculus-Orbis wrote:Everyone thinks they have awesome ideas; Few actually do.
----
If you're bored, that's probably because you are a boring person.
----
I love to love and hate to hate, but love hates me and hate loves me.
----
My Mugen Characters folder
Current patch: 2.0.2: Grand Finale
Planned: hotfixes.

User avatar
ChipsLight
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 11:53 am
Overseer Code: SFxT Ogre Overseer, SFxT M.Bison Overseer
Location: Trying to pursue my true self.

Re: The FGC that part that really grinds my gears

Postby ChipsLight » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:53 am

Zombiebrian wrote:Like I honestly dont like tekken or sfxt but i dont go into forum areas and such to be a dick and point out all of their many many many faults.

Says the guy that bashes on SF EX the other day. (don't worry I'm just teasing).

I personally think that some game are superior than other, no doubt (imo, Guilty Gear is the best Fighting game ever and people can see that I like to say that a lot) but blatantly hating on a game because it's not your taste is a waste of time. Oh cool, you don't like Tekken, that's fine. Why you wastin' your time trying to find the smallest point possible to say it's **** ? I mean, there's some flaws in the game, of course, but really, don't act like yours is perfect (I'm one of the first to say that Guilty Gear's learning curve is way to high, despite considering it one of the most balanced and "perfect" fighting game ever).
It's like the other day when I talked with Marshy and how he didn't like the combos in Tekken taking forever while I like that. He didn't say it was a flaw of the game and the game was garbage because of that, he just said it didn't like that and he prefers shorter combos.

But yeah, FGC isn't teally the best place and they need to realize their toxicity and try to find a way to fix that.
Icon by Ztagger.
Image
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
Zombiebrian
Posts: 6948
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:35 pm
Overseer Code: GOD
Location: Dundee, Scotland
Contact:

Re: The FGC that part that really grinds my gears

Postby Zombiebrian » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:09 am

ChipsLight wrote:
Zombiebrian wrote:Like I honestly dont like tekken or sfxt but i dont go into forum areas and such to be a dick and point out all of their many many many faults.

Says the guy that bashes on SF EX the other day. (don't worry I'm just teasing).

I personally think that some game are superior than other, no doubt (imo, Guilty Gear is the best Fighting game ever and people can see that I like to say that a lot) but blatantly hating on a game because it's not your taste is a waste of time. Oh cool, you don't like Tekken, that's fine. Why you wastin' your time trying to find the smallest point possible to say it's **** ? I mean, there's some flaws in the game, of course, but really, don't act like yours is perfect (I'm one of the first to say that Guilty Gear's learning curve is way to high, despite considering it one of the most balanced and "perfect" fighting game ever).
It's like the other day when I talked with Marshy and how he didn't like the combos in Tekken taking forever while I like that. He didn't say it was a flaw of the game and the game was garbage because of that, he just said it didn't like that and he prefers shorter combos.

But yeah, FGC isn't teally the best place and they need to realize their toxicity and try to find a way to fix that.


Bit of truth time i actually like sf ex series, but its more the fans constantly asking for the characters in every new game and update and everyone knows its not going to happen capcom have said as much.
Angry old survivor from 2009 eventhubs :evil:

User avatar
ChipsLight
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 11:53 am
Overseer Code: SFxT Ogre Overseer, SFxT M.Bison Overseer
Location: Trying to pursue my true self.

Re: The FGC that part that really grinds my gears

Postby ChipsLight » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:43 am

Oh I understand. How glad I am that jaiwhite got over Juri.
Icon by Ztagger.
Image
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
Lavama
Posts: 1089
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:48 am
Xbox Gamertag: Dorda358 (PC)
PSN Gamertag: Lavama-
Wii Friend Code: Steam: Lavama
Location: Where you aren't is Where I are

Re: The FGC that part that really grinds my gears

Postby Lavama » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:57 pm

Oh. That part... It's disgusting, yeah. I don't normally see/hear anything about Smash Bros jumping series to trash people, luckily we're busy with a war of Melee and Smash for Wii U. :l
Self Proclaimed Worst Player Here!

User avatar
Zombiebrian
Posts: 6948
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:35 pm
Overseer Code: GOD
Location: Dundee, Scotland
Contact:

Re: The FGC that part that really grinds my gears

Postby Zombiebrian » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:47 am

Lavama wrote:Oh. That part... It's disgusting, yeah. I don't normally see/hear anything about Smash Bros jumping series to trash people, luckily we're busy with a war of Melee and Smash for Wii U. :l


You wuld be surprised how wrong you can be, shoulda read scrubquotes when ryu entered smash with motions.
Angry old survivor from 2009 eventhubs :evil:

User avatar
Lavama
Posts: 1089
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:48 am
Xbox Gamertag: Dorda358 (PC)
PSN Gamertag: Lavama-
Wii Friend Code: Steam: Lavama
Location: Where you aren't is Where I are

Re: The FGC that part that really grinds my gears

Postby Lavama » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:44 am

Zombiebrian wrote:
Lavama wrote:Oh. That part... It's disgusting, yeah. I don't normally see/hear anything about Smash Bros jumping series to trash people, luckily we're busy with a war of Melee and Smash for Wii U. :l


You wuld be surprised how wrong you can be, shoulda read scrubquotes when ryu entered smash with motions.


Guess I missed that then, can't really go on the main site without crashing to desktop anymore, and haven't delved into the comment section since about the time Ultra was released.
Self Proclaimed Worst Player Here!

User avatar
Zombiebrian
Posts: 6948
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:35 pm
Overseer Code: GOD
Location: Dundee, Scotland
Contact:

Re: The FGC that part that really grinds my gears

Postby Zombiebrian » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:00 am

Scrubquotes is on twitter and is really funny
Angry old survivor from 2009 eventhubs :evil:

User avatar
Lavama
Posts: 1089
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:48 am
Xbox Gamertag: Dorda358 (PC)
PSN Gamertag: Lavama-
Wii Friend Code: Steam: Lavama
Location: Where you aren't is Where I are

Re: The FGC that part that really grinds my gears

Postby Lavama » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:35 pm

Zombiebrian wrote:Scrubquotes is on twitter and is really funny


Oh that explains it! Looking it up.

EDIT: My brain feels numb, I've seen like five messages that I've been sent before, I wonder if I still have that GFWL message... Nope, what a shame, should've pictured it.
Self Proclaimed Worst Player Here!


Return to “Rants and Raves”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest