With Akuma confirmed for Tekken 7, is the opposite possible?

Rise Up
ninetalescommander
PSN Gamertag: Ultrabasher

With Akuma confirmed for Tekken 7, is the opposite possible?

Postby ninetalescommander » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:36 am

The other day, I got into a comment discussion on YouTube and someone brought up something that I think could be plausible; Could a Tekken character be appearing in Street Fighter V?
To me, the timing would make a lot of sense, we have Tekken 7 coming out next year as well as Tekken X Street Fighter still in the shadows so to promote these 2 games in Street Fighter V would make a lot of sense. However at the same time it would feel very weird as to my knowledge, we've never had an outsider appear in a main series Street Fighter Game. Sure there is the Final Fight characters but those aren't really "outsiders" because they're apart of Capcom.
Another piece of evidence people have brought up in favour of this is the stage we saw when "supposedly" Akuma was teased, people have said that stage has a Tekken feel to it. I can see where they're coming from but eh, we already have a bunch of "dark atmosphere" stages in Street Fighter so I'd say this could be more of a co-incidence.
Let's not also forget that Capcom is no stranger to crossovers so seeing that happen in their heading franchise isn't too far-fetched.
As for what Tekken character would be fitting, I'd go with Kazuya, he just feels like he'd make a good fit.

What do you guys think?

Kenshiro
PSN Gamertag: Murciealago229

Re: With Akuma confirmed for Tekken 7, is the opposite possible?

Postby Kenshiro » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:10 pm

I don't see it happening because Capcom doesn't use that gimmick themselves.

And since it has recently been revealed that Akuma won't be the only guest character to appear in Tekken 7, I really believe Harada is doing this to pull out all the stops on what could possibly be the last main storyline Tekken game.

*Supers are being introduced.
*The roster is being trimmed. Alot of fan faves aren't in the initial roster yet.
*The Mishima story is coming full circle.
*Some of these default costume designs are getting atrociously out of hand.
Being short and short on deoderant is a real bad combination stabby.

Deadpool's prefight quote to Wolverine d ^_^ b

BaloneyPower
PSN Gamertag: BaloneyPower2

Re: With Akuma confirmed for Tekken 7, is the opposite possible?

Postby BaloneyPower » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:12 am

I don't know this for sure, but I think Bandai Namco being able to use Street Fighter characters comes from the deal that they did with Capcom over SFxT and the never produced TxSF. I think this is them fulfilling that commitment, or using the rights they paid for, or something along those lines, cause that game's never getting made.

Return to “Street Fighter V”