Grab Spamming.

Nintendo Are Back
GrizzlyAdams94
PSN Gamertag: shadowking94

Grab Spamming.

Postby GrizzlyAdams94 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:47 am

So I just got done going a few rounds in Smash 4 with a friend of mine, and I swear, 90% of what he does is trying to grab me. If anyone can help me get around this and punish him for it, I'd greatly appreciate the help. I also main Lucina with Palutena and Dr.Mario as my second and 3rd if anyone has any specific tips for them. I apologize if this isn't the right section of the Smash 4 forums here to ask this however.

Godly_Nib

Re: Grab Spamming.

Postby Godly_Nib » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:54 am

It's rather ironic since Smash 4 makes you wait a second before being able to grab again.
Just time your dodges, is the best I can say. There's a small moment where you can land a hit on your friend after his attempt, but it's probably fast enough for a single neutral A.
Wii U/Miiverse ID
3DS FC: 0087-2966-6301
__________________________________________________________________________________

Smash: G&W/Robin/Mario/Dark Pit/Dr. Mario/PacMan/Wario/R.O.B.
List and IDs will update upon further accessibility...

GrizzlyAdams94

Postby GrizzlyAdams94 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:55 am

Thanks for the tip :D

Keyblade
Overseer Code: Ibuki 3s Overseer
Zero UMVC3 Overseer
Julia SFXT Overseer
Xbox Gamertag: Keyblade9
PSN Gamertag: KeyBladeWeilder9

Postby Keyblade » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:11 am

Mind telling me who he plays? I could give you some actual tips with Palutena since she's a main of mine.
Your guy for all things J-Stars , Toonami, and Persona releated stuff.
J-Stars: Tsuna/Medaka/Oga/Naruto/Killua
SFV: Ibuki/Chun-Li
DFCI: Kirito/Yukina/Miyuki
P4U: Yosuke/Naoto/Yukari
Smash: Zero Suit Samus/Pit/Palutena/Pac-Man
Blazblue: Makoto/Litchi/Tsubaki
P4A Yosuke Guide -- My Scrubby Persona Play
Eventhub's Lady Lover and One of the Worse Players in the forum!

GrizzlyAdams94

Postby GrizzlyAdams94 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:05 pm

He most often plays Falcon and Kirby, although I think he's testing out Lucario too.

Keyblade
Overseer Code: Ibuki 3s Overseer
Zero UMVC3 Overseer
Julia SFXT Overseer
Xbox Gamertag: Keyblade9
PSN Gamertag: KeyBladeWeilder9

Postby Keyblade » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:38 pm

GrizzlyAdams94 wrote:He most often plays Falcon and Kirby, although I think he's testing out Lucario too.

I'll give you tips that you can use in general as well as specific tips for Palutena, when I come home. I'll just edit the post.

Basic stuff:
-Capt Falcon's gameplan revolves around his grab since it's so good (can grab you from a mile away thanks to that speed) so you just have to bait the stuff out. It's more about expecting the grab to happen then looking for it, because by then he'd have grabbed you by then. Simple stuff like a spot dodge will help.

Palutena stuff:
Retreating forward airs, auto reticle (you gotta factor his speed/start-up time for this) all can stop him in his tracks if you know he's going in for a grab with short hop retreating forward air being your best option. You can even try forward tilt but it's so risky because of the lag and bad recovery and down tilt but it's kinda like forward tilt but it's a bit safer, but still bad. That's specific stuff that can work with both Kirby and Luc.
Your guy for all things J-Stars , Toonami, and Persona releated stuff.
J-Stars: Tsuna/Medaka/Oga/Naruto/Killua
SFV: Ibuki/Chun-Li
DFCI: Kirito/Yukina/Miyuki
P4U: Yosuke/Naoto/Yukari
Smash: Zero Suit Samus/Pit/Palutena/Pac-Man
Blazblue: Makoto/Litchi/Tsubaki
P4A Yosuke Guide -- My Scrubby Persona Play
Eventhub's Lady Lover and One of the Worse Players in the forum!

sosad

Postby sosad » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:10 pm

Basic stuff:
-Capt Falcon's gameplan revolves around his grab since it's so good (can grab you from a mile away thanks to that speed) so you just have to bait the stuff out. It's more about expecting the grab to happen then looking for it, because by then he'd have grabbed you by then. Simple stuff like a spot dodge will help.
You can join us for best certkiller 400-101 dumps oracle training solutions. Our 640-461 contains all those you want to pass for real quincy exam & www.jhu.edu training.

katuro

Postby katuro » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:16 am

sosad wrote:Basic stuff:

A pretty tight spot dodge if that, but satisfying. Hopefully they don't slide past you.

flamer180

Postby flamer180 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:06 am

Just for some reason, I NEVER use the grab. Never feel a reason

zunekorela

Postby zunekorela » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:17 pm

Grand Canyon University (commonly referred to as gcu login or Grand Canyon) is a private, non-profit, Christian university in Phoenix, Arizona.

Return to “Smash Bros. Wii U/3ds”