DOA5 Last Round Discussion

The Last Version of a Very Good Game is Coming
|Virtua Kazama|
Overseer Code: DOA5U, VF5fs Overlord
Xbox Gamertag: Virtua Kazama
PSN Gamertag: VirtuaKazama

Re: DOA5 Last Round Discussion

Postby |Virtua Kazama| » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:04 pm

SKILL wrote:Still, i hope its better then on XBOX...
Welcome to the MASTER RACE!

You mean Welcome Back? I owned a PS1, PS2, PSP, and PS Vita. I missed out on PS3 for all the wrong reasons.

SKILL
Xbox Gamertag: S KILL GR
PSN Gamertag: S-KILL_GR

Postby SKILL » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:08 pm

Welcome back then!
I hope you can buy a PS4 soon, so we can spar together!
GOD TIER...";(

|Virtua Kazama|

Postby |Virtua Kazama| » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:31 pm

Right now, everyone is finding nasty setups for Danger Zone. Most of them range from 230-275 worth of damage. Sweet Revenge found a nasty combo in Danger Zone that does 323 dmg with Gen Fu.

|Virtua Kazama|

Postby |Virtua Kazama| » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:56 pm

As we all know, the first tournament of the Battle Royal 2015 series for DOA5 Last Round, Winter Brawl 9, is tomorrow. If you guys are curious about how the point system in the series works, Bryan Dawson (aka DrDogg from FreeStepDodge) posted the point system on Prima Games:

If you haven't been keeping up with the competitive fighting game scene, Tecmo Koei and Team Ninja have announced the Dead or Alive Battle Royal 2015 tournament series. The Battle Royal a series of 11 qualifying tournaments leading up to a Grand Final event. The tournament dates and locations can be found on Team Ninja's website.

Six players from the qualifying tournaments will receive complementary travel, lodging and tournament entry fees to the Grand Final. These six players will include the first place finishers from four of the qualifying tournaments that are uniquely designated. The last two spots are reserved for the two highest scoring finishers at the end of the 11-tournament qualifying season.

Points are earned by placing within the top eight at any of the 11 qualifying tournaments. The point totals of the four players who win the specially designated tournaments will be removed from the running so that no one player can earn two trips to the Grand Finals. Of note, the Summer Jam 9 qualifier is considered a premier event, which will award double the points of any other qualifier.

1st Place: 10 Points
2nd Place: 8 Points
3rd Place: 6 Points
4th Place: 4 Points
5th Place (tied): 2 Points
7th Place (tied) 1 Point

Summer Jam 9 doubles the points.

The first event in the DOA Battle Royal takes place this weekend at Winter Brawl 9 in Philadephia, PA.

TrueGamingGuru

Postby TrueGamingGuru » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:16 pm

I plan on getting a PS4 as well (like Kazama next month for My birthday) by using Amazon gift cards which I originally wanted to use it for KH II.5 HD Remix Limited Edition, but because I wanted to go to EVO for DOA5LR side tournament and try to give DOA as much support (at least what I can offer) along with part of stages/hair accessories/edit options being exclusive to next gen consoles (unfortunately). Which resulted Me getting the core fighters version (plus My PS3 was having some problems when it comes discs, because either something is inside that part of My PS3 that needs to be clean or burnt laser disc and wanted to be able to play DOA since I own DOA5U disc). I plan on currently unlocking all the content on PS3 along with practicing for competitive play.

|Virtua Kazama|

Postby |Virtua Kazama| » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:27 pm

Since Battle Royal 2015 is currently underway, I created a stickied post to keep you guys up to date with the rankings. They will be separated based on the results on Top 8 and the current rankings.

If you want to check it out, here is the link: http://forums.eventhubs.com/viewtopic.php?f=561&t=15146

Keyblade
Overseer Code: Ibuki 3s Overseer
Zero UMVC3 Overseer
Julia SFXT Overseer
Xbox Gamertag: Keyblade9
PSN Gamertag: KeyBladeWeilder9

Postby Keyblade » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:10 pm

|Virtua Kazama| wrote:I know DOA5 Last Round just broke the street date last week. But for those who pre-ordered the game, DOA5LR will be released on tomorrow on PS4, XB1, and 360 in North America. The PS3 version has been delayed to February 24 due to unexpected issues on the Playstation Store.

For PS3 and 360 owners: you will get a free patch that will have all the balance changes. You will have to buy the Last Round DLC if you want all the characters and costumes.

Japan will get theirs two days later, and Europe will get theirs on Friday. PC/Steam owners will have to wait until the end of March.

Was just gonna ask you about this, so I'll have to buy the DLC. Did they give a pricing on the DLC? I'll have to get the ps3 version until I can get the 4.
Your guy for all things J-Stars , Toonami, and Persona releated stuff.
J-Stars: Tsuna/Medaka/Oga/Naruto/Killua
SFV: Ibuki/Chun-Li
DFCI: Kirito/Yukina/Miyuki
P4U: Yosuke/Naoto/Yukari
Smash: Zero Suit Samus/Pit/Palutena/Pac-Man
Blazblue: Makoto/Litchi/Tsubaki
P4A Yosuke Guide -- My Scrubby Persona Play
Eventhub's Lady Lover and One of the Worse Players in the forum!

|Virtua Kazama|

Postby |Virtua Kazama| » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:36 pm

There is pricing on the DLC. Honoka and Raidou are $4 each, bundle costs $15 (including the three other DLC characters from Ultimate if you haven't picked it up yet). However, DOA5 Last Round is going through major issues if you bought it for the 360 or XB1. PS3 owners should have no problems with getting it on Tuesday. Remember: the patch is free.

Anyway, I posted the results from Winter Brawl 9 Top 8 on the Battle Royal 2015 thread. Honoka in Top 8. That is all.

|Virtua Kazama|

Postby |Virtua Kazama| » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:18 pm

So of course the Ninja Pack Vol. 1 costumes are currently available on DOA5 Last Round. You can buy them individually, in pack, or you can buy the Costume Season Pass (which comes with all costumes for $93).

Famitsu shown the next costume pack, which is basically the Senran Kagura pack. Anyone who has played Senran Kagura will be familiar with the costumes.

Kasumi as Asuka
Marie-Rose as Mirai

|Virtua Kazama|

Postby |Virtua Kazama| » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:30 pm

For the Xbox One and 360 owners: Team Ninja released a patch for DOA5 Last Round, which is Version 1.01A. This version fixes the issues that were present at launch.

Here are the details of the patch:
Thank you for your patience. Xbox ONE Title Update is now live! Sorry for any trouble. Our sincere apology. If you have any issues, concerns, please send your e-mail to Team_Ninja@Koeitecmo.co.jp Team Ninja ‪#‎DOA5LR‬

http://teamninja-studio.com/…/lastro…/us/info_ver.1.01A.html

『Xbox One Title Update 1.01A 』(Xbox 360 follows after Xbox One)
------------------------------------------------------------------
Fixed a bug that would hang the game when playing Tutorial #40.9 in French, Italian, German, or Spanish. Also fixed the bug that would corrupt save data after clearing Tutorial #40.8.
Added the ability to unlock all costumes (excluding those for Raidou & Honoka), all Story Mode timeline chapters, all movies (excluding those for Raidou & Honoka), all system voice options, music and the OMG setting for breast motion.
[HOW TO UNLOCK] Select Help & Options in the Main Menu. Then press LB+RB+LT+RT when the Help & Options submenu is displayed. There will be a sound, and the game will save the items above in their unlocked state.

【NOTE FOR CORE FIGHTERS USERS】: The following features are not unlocked: Story Mode timeline chapters, movies, and background music.
Greatly reduced the frequency of crashes when searching for opponents in Ranked Matches, Lobby Matches, and Throwdowns.
Fixed a bug that prevented the game from working with arcade sticks.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

『Xbox 360 Title Update 1.01A』
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Fixed a bug that would hang the game when playing Tutorial #40.9 in French, Italian, German, or Spanish. Also fixed the bug that would corrupt save data after clearing Tutorial #40.8.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Added the ability to unlock all costumes (excluding those for Raidou & Honoka), all Story Mode timeline chapters, all movies (excluding those for Raidou & Honoka), all system voice options, music and the OMG setting for breast motion.
[HOW TO UNLOCK] Select Help & Options in the Main Menu. Then press LB+RB+LT+RT when the Help & Options submenu is displayed. There will be a sound, and the game will save the items above in their unlocked state.

【NOTE FOR CORE FIGHTERS USERS】: The following features are not unlocked: Story Mode timeline chapters, movies, and background music.
--------------------------------------------------------------
In order to prevent resetting save data on Xbox 360 when starting the game without all mandatory catalogs, we have locked the Xbox Games Store menu item. The mandatory catalogs are needed in order to update the Xbox 360 version of Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate to Dead or Alive 5 Last Round. Please see this page for details.
------------------------------------------------------------

Return to “Dead or Alive 5 Last Round”