DOA5 Ultimate Discussion

The Last Version of a Very Good Game is Coming
|Virtua Kazama|
Overseer Code: DOA5U, VF5fs Overlord
Xbox Gamertag: Virtua Kazama
PSN Gamertag: VirtuaKazama

Re: DOA5 Ultimate/Last Round Discussion

Postby |Virtua Kazama| » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:09 am

Hey guys, I got a lot of news to cover, so bare with me.

1. Nyotengu is officially out now for the Xbox 360 and PS3. Same price for Marie Rose and Phase-4, so I'm not going to explain it. Also, Version 1.09 is available to download, which fixes some bugs found in certain characters.

However, if you didn't buy any of the 3 characters, you can get the DOA5 Ultimate New Blood + Costumes pack for only $29. This includes Marie Rose, Phase-4, Nyotengu, and all of their costumes.

2. TFC News: The Korean Kokoro player, "test" is going to compete in DOA5 Ultimate for TFC! Now we got Japan, Netherlands, and South Korea DOA players!

3. Translation courtesy of werewolfgold of FSD. Here's a interview of Yosuke Hayashi by 4Gamer:

4Gamer:
There still aren't a lot of fighting games for the PS4 and Xbone. But, the PS4's share feature really seems like some made for fighting games, I think.

Hayashi:
Yeah. So, to make the transition easier for the people that have been playing the DOA5 series for all this time, we're making it so that all of the DLC thus far can be carried over. The PSN and Xbox Live accounts that were used will continue, but when the time comes everything will be swapped to the next gen. We're shooting for a Spring 2015 release, so please look forward to it.

You heard it correctly. All the DLC from DOA5 and DOA5 Ultimate will be carried over to DOA5 Last Round. Like I previously mentioned: DOA5 Last Round will be a digital release for 360 and PS3, while the Xbone and PS4 will have both a digital and physical release.

4. The English Version of the DOA5 Last Round trailer is released today.

If there's anything I missed, let me know.

EDIT: For Xbox 360 owners, the Version 1.09 patch will be released tomorrow. In other words, you can't use Nyotengu today.

|Virtua Kazama|

Postby |Virtua Kazama| » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:35 pm

As everyone may know, Version 1.09 patch is officially released for the Xbox 360. You can finally use Nyotengu now!

Speaking of Nyotengu, here's a combo video:

SKILL
Xbox Gamertag: S KILL GR
PSN Gamertag: S-KILL_GR

Postby SKILL » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:35 pm

Virtua Kazama a question regarding DOA5LR roster.
From what i have read in the official announcement of the game the roster
wll include form the get go the whole cast including the 3 dlc characters.
I play the game and i will definitely support Team Ninja on PS4 but i have already
bought it twice. 300 costumes are cool for free but the characters are what will make
me to buy the game day 1 or wait for a price drop.
Is the information valid or do i have to buy the DLC? I haven't bought them on XBOX and even
if i do i cannot transfer them on PS4 sadly...

Thanks!

P.S. The really need to improve the code! Matchmaking is ridiculous and the lag is atrocious... I mean apart form
lobbies, it looks no one plays the game and only form the same area the game plays smooth.
GOD TIER...";(

|Virtua Kazama|

Postby |Virtua Kazama| » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:08 am

SKILL wrote:Virtua Kazama a question regarding DOA5LR roster.
I play the game and i will definitely support Team Ninja on PS4 but i have already
bought it twice. 300 costumes are cool for free but the characters are what will make
Is the information valid or do i have to buy the DLC? I haven't bought them on XBOX and even

Thanks!

P.S. The really need to improve the code! Matchmaking is ridiculous and the lag is atrocious... I mean apart form
lobbies, it looks no one plays the game and only form the same area the game plays smooth.

To clarify what's going on with the article that was recently put out: The DLC characters will be part of the main roster. You don't have to buy them if you want to. However, the outfits in their "debut pack" will not be included (unless you bought them already, which you can transfer).

As for the netcode, you don't have to worry about that. We the DOA community talked to Tom Lee (creative director of Team Ninja) about improving the netcode, along with several other changes needed for DOA5 Last Round such as character nerfs/buffs, stages, and many more. So in order for that to happen, Tom Lee gave us a napkin and wrote down what we want to see in DOA5 Last Round.

I hope that answers your question, unless you have something else to ask.

SKILL
Xbox Gamertag: S KILL GR
PSN Gamertag: S-KILL_GR

Postby SKILL » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:20 am

|Virtua Kazama| wrote:
SKILL wrote:Virtua Kazama a question regarding DOA5LR roster.

Thanks!

To clarify what's going on with the article that was recently put out: The DLC characters will be part of the main roster. You don't have to buy them if you want to. However, the outfits in their "debut pack" will not be included (unless you bought them already, which you can transfer).

As for the netcode, you don't have to worry about that. We the DOA community talked to Tom Lee (creative director of Team Ninja) about improving the netcode, along with several other changes needed for DOA5 Last Round such as character nerfs/buffs, stages, and many more. So in order for that to happen, Tom Lee gave us a napkin and wrote down what we want to see in DOA5 Last Round.

I hope that answers your question, unless you have something else to ask.

Thats good to know about the DLC characters! So, its going to be day one for me!
As far as the netcode concerns, the difference between DOA5 and DOA5U was really huge
albeit still unplayable on a competitive level in Ranked (Lobbies varied between Fantastic and good)
but its good to know they are working on it!
In my book i can see only plus on owning LAST ROUND even though the price is steep for old time owners
but with a BIG roster, 300 costumes off the bat and a better online experience how can anyone resist? I mean if you
are a Fighting Game addict its a must have!
Thanks for the info buddy! :mrgreen:

P.s. Any news on new VF fighters added? I would definitely go for VANESA and KAGEMARU!

CANNOT WAIT!
GOD TIER...";(

|Virtua Kazama|

Postby |Virtua Kazama| » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:42 am

There's a possibility that there will be new characters, but it is unknown if it's original characters, Raidou, or VF characters. And if it is VF characters, it's gonna have to be someone from the first game (Wolf, Jeffry, Kage, or Lau).

Also, there will be a playable demo for DOA5 Last Round at Tokyo Game Show this month, so we might see some changes before then. Let's not forget that there will be a playable demo for this game at The Fall Classic as well.

EDIT: AiN released a combo video for Nyotengu

|Virtua Kazama|

Postby |Virtua Kazama| » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:36 am

CrazySteady defeated HajinShinobi at Cali Crush, granting him to wear the belt and now qualified for The Fall Classic. Congrats to him.

Next is the final qualifier for The Road to TFC: GUTS 3 in Connecticut. Let's go DOA Community!

Also, as you guys may know: Dead or Alive 5 Last Round will be playable at this year's TGS. Team Ninja has one more announcement about TGS coming soon.

|Virtua Kazama|

Postby |Virtua Kazama| » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:49 pm

Emperor Cow returns with another DOA5 Ultimate combo video, this time focusing on Hitomi!

English:

日本語:

|Virtua Kazama|

Postby |Virtua Kazama| » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:16 pm

Gameplay for DOA5 Last Round will be streamed on TGS this Saturday at Midnight. It will be streamed by Madcatz on Twitch.

|Virtua Kazama|

Postby |Virtua Kazama| » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:20 am

Some DOA5 Last Round Gameplay from TGS.

Return to “Dead or Alive 5 Last Round”