Keyblade
Overseer Code: Ibuki 3s Overseer
Zero UMVC3 Overseer
Julia SFXT Overseer
Xbox Gamertag: Keyblade9
PSN Gamertag: KeyBladeWeilder9

Tekken 7 Discussion Thread

Postby Keyblade » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:49 am

Even though we all seen it coming, I guess it's time to start of the Tekken 7 thread as the game has officially been revealed. Tekken 7 will be the final battle for the Mishimas and possibly the final game in the series. This thread will be used to discuss everything related to the game. Tekken 7 will be powered by the Unreal Engine 4 (one of the new multi-platforming engine). Harada's words on the new engine:
With Unreal Engine 4, we could rapidly achieve visual quality expected on next-gen platform and go beyond it. Not only is Unreal Engine 4 powerful and easy to use, but it allows us to immediately bring Tekken 7 to any platform we desire.”

Here's the reveal trailer and now we can begin all the speculating and theories:

Returning Characters:
- Alisa Bosconovitch
- Asuka Kazama
- Bryan Fury
- Feng Wei
- Heihachi Mishima
- Hwoarang
- Kazuya Mishima/Devil Kazuya
- King II
- Lars Alexandersson
- Leo Kilesen
- Lili
- Ling Xiaoyu
- Marshall Law
- Paul Phoenix
- Sergei Dragunov
- Steve Fox

New Characters:
- Claudio Serafino
- Katarina Alves
- Lucky Chole
- Shaheen
Your guy for all things J-Stars , Toonami, and Persona releated stuff.
J-Stars: Tsuna/Medaka/Oga/Naruto/Killua
SFV: Ibuki/Chun-Li
DFCI: Kirito/Yukina/Miyuki
P4U: Yosuke/Naoto/Yukari
Smash: Zero Suit Samus/Pit/Palutena/Pac-Man
Blazblue: Makoto/Litchi/Tsubaki
P4A Yosuke Guide -- My Scrubby Persona Play
Eventhub's Lady Lover and One of the Worse Players in the forum!

FatMus2
Overseer Code: SFxT Heihachi & Yoshimitsu Overseer
Xbox Gamertag: Fat Mus2
PSN Gamertag: FatMus2

Re: Tekken 7 Discussion Thread

Postby FatMus2 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:55 pm

That's my feelings towards this game and the trailer. For those who know me, it's 'nuff said.
Don't change the channel!
"it's funny how sometimes the best strategy is to play dumb" - UncleBibby, 2016.
Spoiler: show

Keyblade
Zero UMVC3 Overseer
Julia SFXT Overseer

Postby Keyblade » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:46 pm

FatMus2 wrote:Image
That's my feelings towards this game and the trailer. For those who know me, it's 'nuff said.

Long as Julia in (which is 100% guaranteed) I'm dandy.

Snipe
Overseer Code: The Vanquisher
PSN Gamertag: Snipeclips

Postby Snipe » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:37 pm

I'm a bit interested in it, since it's going to be the final battle of all of this. I just hope for more urban stages and some better balancing of the juggle mechanics.
|Ultimate Grappler Guide||SFxT Marduk Guide|
Little bitches get out, WE DON'T WANT NO SKINNY BITCHES!
We Want Big Booty Bitches, BIG BIG BOOTY BITCHES, OOOOOWP!!!

UncleBibby
PSN Gamertag: UncleBibby

Postby UncleBibby » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:55 pm

i think it would be cool if there was a level that was an infinitely-big randomly-generated city (sort of like a grid-based level with spatial looping), so you could chase somebody and it would almost be like you were chasing them through the city.

I hope the new physics engine adds some emergent physics-based gameplay. Like, maybe the direction and velocity that one hitbox had when it touches the opponent's hurtbox would determine how the opponent would be hit and affected... leading to unpredictable results in each situation. might be fun.

Sulfur
Overseer Code: The FGC's best Vega
PSN Gamertag: spypilot3
Location: Staring at my copy of SFV while I study for college.

Postby Sulfur » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:41 pm

I just hope that I can understand this one

Tekken is so hard.

Keyblade
Zero UMVC3 Overseer
Julia SFXT Overseer

Postby Keyblade » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:43 am

Sulfur wrote:I just hope that I can understand this one

Tekken is so hard.

Gameplay wise? Yea it took me awhile to learn it, but it actually took me longer to learn Street Fighter.

WARDOG
PSN Gamertag: Tekken Wardog

Postby WARDOG » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:59 am

Let's just hope they learn their lesson from T6 & Tag. Bound and rage shouldn't be in this game and that new stupid feature they put in revolution, should never come in the canon series... EVER!

This is coming from a Tek Vet. Ever since bound, rage and tag assault (tag wise) was introduce to the series, people don't really understand how to play the game and rely on cheesy brb combos without really understanding the characters pro's & Con's. Its really sad because if you play this game long enough and see how people rely heavily on just the bound and tag assault, its like... you really don't know what you're doing.

For example... I play with Bryan fury (since T3) & Kazuya (since T2), so that means I've been playing tekken a long time and know a lot of match ups with a lot of characters and can tell when someone is trolling, learning the game and been put in some work in the lab. Now here's my example...

When the fight starts, the first thing people who rely on bound and tag assault, just try to go for a launcher every time (like how people mash Ryu DP to get U1)... now if you know how that character play and stop his/her simple bnb combo, they'all just be a sitting duck and didn't really learn the character arsenal and see that character got more tools for different situations. But yet, if they win (cause you begin impatient and trying to finish the match quick)... they'll quickly call you a scrub and say "up your game loser". SMH

T5DR online was great (besides the horrible netcode sometimes)... cause when you did a combo, you really had to know how your character work and the combos couldn't last long unless you was playing Nina & Marduk (as far I can remember) and the come backs was really rewarding cause their wasn't no rage and you felt like, you earn it with just your skills. Also people really learn their characters on that game cause the bnb combos couldn't always be your win ticket out and the walls wasn't really deadly in that game (unless you play with Jin).
Tekken
Main: Bryan Fury
Subs: Kazuya,Paul,Steve,Leo,Lars

Street Fighter
Mains: Guy,Cody,Sean,Charlie,Alex
Subs: Sakura,Adon,Dan,Akuma,Yang,Yun

ChipsLight
Overseer Code: SFxT Ogre Overseer, SFxT M.Bison Overseer

Postby ChipsLight » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:53 pm

Rage is dumb and useless, I'm totally agreeing with you but, from me, someone that loves doing combos (even if he sucks), I love the bound/ground bounce cause it makes me think about what moves are good for combos and what should be use OUTSIDE of combos. I play Kazuya and Jinpachi, of course, I'll try to score EWGF to get a combo but I also try to found moves that can counter the opponent (like df+2), same for Jinpachi, his launcher are good but I need to find a move that quickly punish or out-poke the opponent.

Keep bound please cause I love ground and wall bounces. :U
Icon by Ztagger.

UncleBibby
PSN Gamertag: UncleBibby

Postby UncleBibby » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:46 pm

i actually really like Tekken Revolution. it was the first one i could get good with, and the first one where i can actually win lots of my online matches. I use Jack-6 and Paul, and i also know some stuff with Dragunov (but i don't use Dragunov online, just Jack-6 & Paul). I'm Level 46 in Tekken Revolution, with the title Berserker. I'm not actually a tekken veteran or anything but i like Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and i downloaded Tekken 2 on PSN and that one's pretty fun too... I've never played Tekken 3 as it's not on PSN but i really want to some day.

I hope that the new character, Heihachi's wife, is a super-old lady who fights with extreme strength. that would be awesome.

Return to “Tekken 7”