Epic Rap Battle: Daigo Umehara vs. Makoto Nagano

Discuss any fighting game topics here
Shaikidow

Epic Rap Battle: Daigo Umehara vs. Makoto Nagano

Postby Shaikidow » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:58 am

I finally completed it and posted it online yesterday.

Two living legends, each one in their own somewhat unrecognised yet highly impressive sport, duke it out on the rap battlefield. Who will reign supreme among them? Can they be reconciled, or were they never even truly comparable to begin with? Follow the link below to find out!

https://erboh.com/forum/showthread.php? ... r-champion)

I hope you all like it! :)
Last edited by Shaikidow on Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

UncleBibby
PSN Gamertag: UncleBibby

Re: Epic Rap Battle: Daigo Umehara vs. Makoto Nagano

Postby UncleBibby » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:26 pm

lol, that's pretty nerdy... i've never even heard of Makoto Nagano or Ninja Warrior. Sorry...

It's obvious you put in a lot of time and effort into this though so, congrats. i hope it gets made into a video someday but i sorta doubt it will.

Shaikidow

Postby Shaikidow » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:24 pm

UncleBibby wrote:lol, that's pretty nerdy... i've never even heard of Makoto Nagano or Ninja Warrior. Sorry...

It's obvious you put in a lot of time and effort into this though so, congrats. i hope it gets made into a video someday but i sorta doubt it will.

Thank you for your kind words! :ugeek: (This emoji looks nothing like me, but it's Daigo-ish, so it shall pass. xD)

I've seen people make rap battle videos by intertwining video footage compilations of various scenes with rap contestants both talking on-screen and participating in action sequences. Bonus points for every scene referenced by the rap lyrics themselves (like Nagano climbing up the Salmon Ladder and the Heavenly Ladder, as well as Daigo's EVO Moment #37 and the 25-hit combo against Momochi). Therefore, it's quite doable, but I should make the audio first (so everybody can hear exactly how the flow goes). And if I want an ERB-style video, I can try to sell the idea to the ERB Parodies or even the VG Rap Battles channel. :D I just need to script the video first, like I already did the Nostradamus vs. Kasparov one (not that it can be seen anywhere yet).

Here's to hoping I make something significant of both these battles and anything I might come up with in the future (I'm halfway close to starting to write Mishimas vs. Lannisters, for example).

Shaikidow

Postby Shaikidow » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:23 am

Edit: updated the link, the previous one died without a health fairy...

Return to “General Discussion”