Introduction Thread - Say hi!

Discuss any fighting game topics here
UncleBibby
PSN Gamertag: UncleBibby

Re: Introduction Thread - Say hi!

Postby UncleBibby » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:27 pm

Shaikidow wrote:Hello everyone!

My name is Dimitrije, but I usually go around forums as SirDimQuixote, Talekhine93, or most recently, this moniker that's a portmanteau of the words 'shadow' and 'aikido'.
I'm from Niš, Serbia, and honestly, I haven't seen a working arcade machine in years. There also seem to be very few people here who like fighting games more than the average Joe. I've met several enthusiasts through small low-fee fighting game tournaments, but aside from myself, there are only four to five other regulars in my hometown, and that's about it.
I first got into fighting games when I stumbled upon a Tekken 2 arcade machine in Montenegro 15 years ago. I instantly fell in love with the game, and Tekken's still my favourite FG franchise to this day. Among all its installments, I especially like T5:DR and T3.
Lately I've also been dabbling in Street Fighter, but I've still got mixed feelings about it all. Unlike many, I'm transitioning from 3D to 2D, so everything seems way more clunky and unrealistic. On the other hand, USF4 at last year's EVO tournament was so hype that I instantly recognised how well-developed a community I could enter.
After trying SFV out and ending up relatively content with the gameplay, I bought my own copy of the game just before the cinematic story update was released, and now I hope to have better online experience than in Fightcade. (As I said, not many players in my region, so I'm forced into long-distance matches with noticeably off-putting lags.)
Among other fighting games, MSHvsSF with the easiest control settings is probably the most fun I've had in the last thirteen years, Skullgirls is an absolutely beautiful game, and Divekick's just legendary - in fact, it's probably the best FG right now. I'm serious!
I like keepaway characters the best, but there don't seem to be many of 'em across FGs. I'm talking about true keepawayers, not zoners. Peacock and Mu come to mind, maybe old Dhalsim as well. Yet somehow, for whatever reason, I always seem to stick to shotos like Kazuya/Ryu/Sagat/Old Ken! Must be the inherent balance and superior experience. I've yet to master proper defence when I'm under rushdown pressure, and I also need to improve my reaction time. Some additional okizeme knowledge would be good, along with learning optimal punishment and set play.

Fighting games aside, I'm a violinist, bass guitarist, and soon-to-be solo singer. I'm very passionate about music composition, chess, Doctor Who, and epic rap battles.
...Well, this was all a mouthful. Or is that a keyboardful?
See you around! Bye!

Welcome to the forum!

I noticed you're very passionate about music composition... i'm a music composer myself!

all my stuff can be found here:
http://www.petermobeter.com/allmylinks

I'm glad you like DiveKick!!! I love minimalist design in games... i actually made two 1-button fighting games but they're on that link above so i won't talk too much about it. My favourite Dive Kick character is probably Mr. N just cuz he's easy to use and still really good.

I love Tekken too! I use Jack mainly, but i also dabble with Paul and Dragunov. Tekken 7 looks so siiiiiick!!!!!

have a good time here. we're slowly dying compared to our past days but i still think it's a good forum, compared to how angry and elitist some other fighting game forums are...

Shaikidow

Postby Shaikidow » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 am

UncleBibby wrote:Welcome to the forum!

I noticed you're very passionate about music composition... i'm a music composer myself!

all my stuff can be found here:
http://www.petermobeter.com/allmylinks

I'm glad you like DiveKick!!! I love minimalist design in games... i actually made two 1-button fighting games but they're on that link above so i won't talk too much about it. My favourite Dive Kick character is probably Mr. N just cuz he's easy to use and still really good.

I love Tekken too! I use Jack mainly, but i also dabble with Paul and Dragunov. Tekken 7 looks so siiiiiick!!!!!

have a good time here. we're slowly dying compared to our past days but i still think it's a good forum, compared to how angry and elitist some other fighting game forums are...

Thanks for the greeting and the info! I'll be sure to check your website out sometime soon, and I hope to share some of my compositions with you in the not-too-distant future, too! ;)

Hm, I really do tend to wonder why there are so many angry FGC members out there, and how it ties in with the nature of fighting games themselves. I can think of a few solid explanations, but right now I'm just so glad I've stumbled upon an online FGC branch that doesn't suffer from collective salt poisoning-induced hysteria! From witnessing virtually pointless ratio-based disputes over surrational themes in a 3rd Strike lobby, to trying to promote a rap battle featuring Daigo Umehara and getting a reply "We are [insert FGC forum name here], we don't like anything", I've had my fair share of experience with examples of how communities could go wrong and distance its members instead of bringing them closer together, so I'm more than immensely grateful for the warm and understanding welcome I've received here. :geek:

SilentJay

Postby SilentJay » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:34 pm

I'm a guy who used to play a lot of Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo and Mortal Kombat at a local arcade, but played Tekken and some other fighting games at home when the arcade shut down. At the moment i'm just playing SFV with a friend while occasionally playing DOA5LR, MKXL, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, and Tekken and TTT2(Just until Tekken 7 comes out.).

HAEGOE

Postby HAEGOE » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:26 am

Hello everyone, I just joined here.

I'm intrested in playing SNK games like KOF series, and other stuffs. I'm also learning to make a fighting game.

Spoiler: show
By the way the eventhubs main pages seems weird, I joind and tried to log in there but I couldn't. I failed so much that I had to wait a while.
First I thought I forgot password that I wrote seconds ago, then I changed my password and tried again only to fail...

UncleBibby
PSN Gamertag: UncleBibby

Postby UncleBibby » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:02 am

HAEGOE wrote:Hello everyone, I just joined here.

I'm intrested in playing SNK games like KOF series, and other stuffs. I'm also learning to make a fighting game.

Spoiler: show
By the way the eventhubs main pages seems weird, I joind and tried to log in there but I couldn't. I failed so much that I had to wait a while.
First I thought I forgot password that I wrote seconds ago, then I changed my password and tried again only to fail...

Hello HAEGOE,

Welcome to the forum. Not much happens here anymore besides spam posts, but i'm glad you are making a fighting game, i love indie fighting games.

If you need any music for your game, here's my Free Music Archive page (i'm a music composer):
http://freemusicarchive.org/music/UncleBibby/

I also made my own fighting game based on a TV show called Seinfeld. My game is called StrikeFeld:
http://gamejolt.com/games/strikefeld/205592

I don't know why the front page would be glitching out for you... sorry.

If you want to continue this conversation, send me a direct message!

AllDayDreamin

Postby AllDayDreamin » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:46 pm

Hello everyone!

My name is Cody, I'm the Community Manager for Dynasty Feud (http://www.kaiastudios.com/dynastyfeud/index.html), a competitive, team-based, fast-paced platform brawler for 2-4 players. If you're a fan of Super Smash Bros. then this will definitely be right up your alley!

I'm an avid gamer who plays on almost anything I can get my hands on (except the new elusive SNES Classic Edition) I look forward to chatting with you all about the game and all the strategies you come up with!

Got any questions for me? Let me know!

P.S. - What's everybody playing before Halloween? I've been playing Little Nightmares, I can't get enough. I'm ready for the second DLC to drop in November!

Debujin
Xbox Gamertag: DebujinX
PSN Gamertag: Debujin

Postby Debujin » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:17 pm

Hello! I'm Matt Harding, but I go by the username 'Debujin'; I'm a professional artist, living and working in Comberton, England.

I've been a fighting games player for longer than I can remember; I think I first started to get majorly serious about the genre when Street Fighter II dropped for the Super Nintendo, in the mid-90's. Despite not being top-tier in terms of skill, I'm a serious fight fan; I play pretty much any fighting game that's out there. I spread myself far too thinly, to be honest; common sense would dictate that you pick a game or two, and get really good, but I play the whole genre, and suck at all of them. :)

Despite this, I know enough about the genre to run my own YouTube channel about fighting games, Gigas Breaker (which can be found at http://www.gigas-breaker.tk). If you're up for a laugh at my woeful fighting games shenanigans, it'd be great if you stopped by! And, if you like what you see, please feel free to subscribe - that'd really butter my crumpets. :)

What else? Ah, I mentioned I'm an artist. If you'd like to see what I get up to when I'm not playing fighting games, head on over to http://debujin.deviantart.com, where my portfolio can be found. Lots of fighting game fan-art in there!

Alright! If you like the cut of my gib, and want to contact me for any reason, please feel free to get in touch either through EventHubs, or via e-mail at fatal_strike@hotmail.com - it's always an honour to make new friends and allies!
Looking for a fresh take on the fighting games genre? Gigas Breaker's got you covered! http://www.gigas-breaker.tk

Return to “General Discussion”