Introduction Thread - Say hi!

Discuss any fighting game topics here
UncleBibby
PSN Gamertag: UncleBibby

Re: Introduction Thread - Say hi!

Postby UncleBibby » Sun May 31, 2015 6:44 pm

QuantumPrime_ wrote:Hi Everyone
I am QuantumPrime_ and I like to party
I am a fighting game enthusiast, martial arts fan/martial artist, and a voice actor
and an artist
I love Mortal Kombat, Persona, Tekken, and Street Fighter
I signed up with EventHubs because I liked the structure of the site more than other sites and the community seems nice
I'm sure you are all very charming individuals and I look forward to using the site more, taking part in an amazing community

welcome quantumprime... hope you enjoy your stay.

QuantumPrime_
Xbox Gamertag: BlackPhantom994
PSN Gamertag: QuantumPrime_

Postby QuantumPrime_ » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:45 am

UncleBibby wrote:
QuantumPrime_ wrote:Hi Everyone
I am QuantumPrime_ and I like to party
I am a fighting game enthusiast, martial arts fan/martial artist, and a voice actor
and an artist
I love Mortal Kombat, Persona, Tekken, and Street Fighter
I signed up with EventHubs because I liked the structure of the site more than other sites and the community seems nice
I'm sure you are all very charming individuals and I look forward to using the site more, taking part in an amazing community

welcome quantumprime... hope you enjoy your stay.

Thank you!

LegatoSkyheart
Xbox Gamertag: LegatoSkyheart
PSN Gamertag: Legato2kyh3rt

Postby LegatoSkyheart » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:42 am

Hello everyone, I'm LegatoSkyheart. I browse various Forums and The like contributing in anyway shape or form.

I've known about EventHubs for awhile, but never made an account on here till...well...now that is.

I've been a pretty big Fan of Fighting Games ever since I was little playing games like Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct, though I didn't really start diving into them as much as I have until I found out about Street Fighter and learning how to play that.

I started "learning" how to play Ryu back when I played a lot of M.U.G.E.N. and then I just slowly transitioned to playing Guilty Gear X2 to Actually playing Super Street Fighter 2 then I started playing Street Fighter IV, BlazBlue, Capcom vs SNK 2 and so on.

Other games I tend to have played back in the day was Soul Calibur 2 and Tekken 3 and they were some of my favorite games growing up.

I didn't really start getting into Using an Arcade Stick till Marvel vs Capcom 3 came around and since then I've been trying my best to use it whenever I play a Fighting game, though my options are limited as the only FightSticks I have is for the Gamecube and the PS3 only, I recently bought a Qanba Q4 though so then I can start playing all of my fighting games with a Stick.

Even though I have an understanding on these games I don't think I'm too great at them considering I'm not always playing them, but I'd hope to get back into the groove soon which is exactly why I came here to try to better my game.

So I hope You enjoy that big wall of text and I hope to get to play some matches with you guys some day. :D

Oculus-Orbis
Trophy Code: PSN EC SSF4
Xbox Gamertag: Oculus Orbis
PSN Gamertag: Oculus-Orbis

Postby Oculus-Orbis » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:15 am

Welcome to the forums!
If you want to get to know some of the regulars, one place to start is the chat.
http://forums.eventhubs.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15452

LegatoSkyheart
Xbox Gamertag: LegatoSkyheart
PSN Gamertag: Legato2kyh3rt

Postby LegatoSkyheart » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:11 pm

Oculus-Orbis wrote:Welcome to the forums!
If you want to get to know some of the regulars, one place to start is the chat.
http://forums.eventhubs.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15452

cool! thanks.

Keyblade
Overseer Code: Ibuki 3s Overseer
Zero UMVC3 Overseer
Julia SFXT Overseer
Xbox Gamertag: Keyblade9
PSN Gamertag: KeyBladeWeilder9

Postby Keyblade » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:18 am

LegatoSkyheart wrote:Hello everyone, I'm LegatoSkyheart. I browse various Forums and The like contributing in anyway shape or form.

I've known about EventHubs for awhile, but never made an account on here till...well...now that is.

I've been a pretty big Fan of Fighting Games ever since I was little playing games like Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct, though I didn't really start diving into them as much as I have until I found out about Street Fighter and learning how to play that.

I started "learning" how to play Ryu back when I played a lot of M.U.G.E.N. and then I just slowly transitioned to playing Guilty Gear X2 to Actually playing Super Street Fighter 2 then I started playing Street Fighter IV, BlazBlue, Capcom vs SNK 2 and so on.

Other games I tend to have played back in the day was Soul Calibur 2 and Tekken 3 and they were some of my favorite games growing up.

I didn't really start getting into Using an Arcade Stick till Marvel vs Capcom 3 came around and since then I've been trying my best to use it whenever I play a Fighting game, though my options are limited as the only FightSticks I have is for the Gamecube and the PS3 only, I recently bought a Qanba Q4 though so then I can start playing all of my fighting games with a Stick.

Even though I have an understanding on these games I don't think I'm too great at them considering I'm not always playing them, but I'd hope to get back into the groove soon which is exactly why I came here to try to better my game.

So I hope You enjoy that big wall of text and I hope to get to play some matches with you guys some day. :D

Welcome and I'll be crazy not to notice you're a Shokugeki No Soma fan as well!
Your guy for all things J-Stars , Toonami, and Persona releated stuff.
J-Stars: Tsuna/Medaka/Oga/Naruto/Killua
SFV: Ibuki/Chun-Li
DFCI: Kirito/Yukina/Miyuki
P4U: Yosuke/Naoto/Yukari
Smash: Zero Suit Samus/Pit/Palutena/Pac-Man
Blazblue: Makoto/Litchi/Tsubaki
P4A Yosuke Guide -- My Scrubby Persona Play
Eventhub's Lady Lover and One of the Worse Players in the forum!

ryuQ
PSN Gamertag: qdoma

Postby ryuQ » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:31 pm

Greetings To my fellow gamers. Many names I have. This is the one I am today. Just call me ryuQ. been playing video games since i was little. You could say I have seen rise and fall gaming history. So here we are in the present time. My hobbies include anime, comic books, books, evil and anything demon like. My hope is that I gain the love friendship of all that I encounter. :twisted:

ilaughatmyself
Xbox Gamertag: xBlendedShadowx
PSN Gamertag: ilaughatmyself

Postby ilaughatmyself » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:37 am

Hi there, everybody!

My name is ilaughatmyself for now, until I find some more people to play fighting games with. Luckily, I have once a week meet ups with a coworker and we just play fighting games against one another. My main franchise for the longest time was Mortal Kombat, and I still play a semi-good Shotgun Jacqui in my humble opinion, but that coworker of mine has Ben swaying my opinion towards Street Fighter. Right now, SFV is the one I play most, my main being Nash, but that is only until Juri releases, then she takes my full attention.

Hope to find some more people near me...doubtful that will happen, since I live in the relative drought of such a thing that is the state of Utah haha. Anyone live near Midvale? ^^'

Hope to meet some of you fine people at some point regardless of location!
:punch-light: :punch-light: :joystick-right: :kick-light: :punch-hard:

DIE ONE THOUSAND DEATHS!

Keyblade
Overseer Code: Ibuki 3s Overseer
Zero UMVC3 Overseer
Julia SFXT Overseer
Xbox Gamertag: Keyblade9
PSN Gamertag: KeyBladeWeilder9

Postby Keyblade » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 pm

Welcome aboard you two! Don't be afraid to post!
Your guy for all things J-Stars , Toonami, and Persona releated stuff.
J-Stars: Tsuna/Medaka/Oga/Naruto/Killua
SFV: Ibuki/Chun-Li
DFCI: Kirito/Yukina/Miyuki
P4U: Yosuke/Naoto/Yukari
Smash: Zero Suit Samus/Pit/Palutena/Pac-Man
Blazblue: Makoto/Litchi/Tsubaki
P4A Yosuke Guide -- My Scrubby Persona Play
Eventhub's Lady Lover and One of the Worse Players in the forum!

Shaikidow

Postby Shaikidow » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:13 am

Hello everyone!

My name is Dimitrije, but I usually go around forums as SirDimQuixote, Talekhine93, or most recently, this moniker that's a portmanteau of the words 'shadow' and 'aikido'.
I'm from Niš, Serbia, and honestly, I haven't seen a working arcade machine in years. There also seem to be very few people here who like fighting games more than the average Joe. I've met several enthusiasts through small low-fee fighting game tournaments, but aside from myself, there are only four to five other regulars in my hometown, and that's about it.
I first got into fighting games when I stumbled upon a Tekken 2 arcade machine in Montenegro 15 years ago. I instantly fell in love with the game, and Tekken's still my favourite FG franchise to this day. Among all its installments, I especially like T5:DR and T3.
Lately I've also been dabbling in Street Fighter, but I've still got mixed feelings about it all. Unlike many, I'm transitioning from 3D to 2D, so everything seems way more clunky and unrealistic. On the other hand, USF4 at last year's EVO tournament was so hype that I instantly recognised how well-developed a community I could enter.
After trying SFV out and ending up relatively content with the gameplay, I bought my own copy of the game just before the cinematic story update was released, and now I hope to have better online experience than in Fightcade. (As I said, not many players in my region, so I'm forced into long-distance matches with noticeably off-putting lags.)
Among other fighting games, MSHvsSF with the easiest control settings is probably the most fun I've had in the last thirteen years, Skullgirls is an absolutely beautiful game, and Divekick's just legendary - in fact, it's probably the best FG right now. I'm serious!
I like keepaway characters the best, but there don't seem to be many of 'em across FGs. I'm talking about true keepawayers, not zoners. Peacock and Mu come to mind, maybe old Dhalsim as well. Yet somehow, for whatever reason, I always seem to stick to shotos like Kazuya/Ryu/Sagat/Old Ken! Must be the inherent balance and superior experience. I've yet to master proper defence when I'm under rushdown pressure, and I also need to improve my reaction time. Some additional okizeme knowledge would be good, along with learning optimal punishment and set play.

Fighting games aside, I'm a violinist, bass guitarist, and soon-to-be solo singer. I'm very passionate about music composition, chess, Doctor Who, and epic rap battles.
...Well, this was all a mouthful. Or is that a keyboardful?
See you around! Bye!

Return to “General Discussion”