20%
MVC:I
80%

Total votes: 5

Zombiebrian
Overseer Code: GOD

What game will do better in the fgc?

Postby Zombiebrian » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:36 am

What will be better recieved and have a longer tournament life?
Angry old survivor from 2009 eventhubs :evil:

xxMarshy
Overseer Code: *SFxT Overlord*
Xbox Gamertag: Nick the Smoke

Re: What game will do better in the fgc?

Postby xxMarshy » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:48 am

I think dbz will have better sales but will fizzle out quickly compared to mvci which will most likely be here to stay for years to come if Capcom doesn't screw us on it.

ninetalescommander
PSN Gamertag: Ultrabasher

Re: What game will do better in the fgc?

Postby ninetalescommander » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:28 pm

The biggest problem I see with Dragonball Fighterz is the fact that Dragonball Games tend to have a habit of not lasting. Something that Marvel vs Capcom simply does not have. Even to this day I still see people supporting Marvel vs Capcom 3 and showing a lot of support for Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.
Plus on top of that; Dragonball Z Fighting Games have abit of a sour history. While there has been some gems in there like Dragonball Z Budokai 3, there's also been a plethora of horrible games like Dragonball Z for Kinect and Dragonball Z Battle of Z.
However, like it or hate it, Marvel vs Capcom has remained a positive series. There hasn't really been a "bad" Marvel vs Capcom game, sure there has been games like Marvel vs Capcom 2 where people say that remains the best 1 even after it's sequel but never has there been a critically panned Marvel vs Capcom game. With this mentality, people could write off Dragonball Fighterz as "another bad DBZ Game" and end up ignoring it and sticking to Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.
The only major element I see that Marvel vs Capcom Infinite has that could work against it is the fact that it comes out much earlier. By the time Dragonball Fighterz comes out, people could have gotten bored of that game and decide to give Dragonball Fighterz a chance but considering the legacy that Marvel vs Capcom has, I can't see that happening.

Time will tell, always does.

Return to “General Discussion”