Normals (Far Version)Far Standing
- One of Pauls best hit confirming normals and frame trap tools. It is a whopping +9 on hit allowing you to easily hit confirm into a chain starting with standing
, or a combo with crouching
. +5 on BlockFar Standing
- Great Footsie Normal that can be special canceled. Similar to Ryu's.Far Standing
- Terrible Startup, Terrible Hit and Hurtbox. Do not use unless in combos. If you still want to use it, it can be very surprising for both the user and the opponent. I wouldn't be lying if I didn't accidently get this when trying to Mortar Punch and won the round anyways due to the huge delay between hits. Don't ever chain it on block. Ever. Ever. Ever. If you still want to chain it on block, you best be canceling into EX Mortar Punch, EX Sway, Or EX Phoenix Smasher dash cancel.
It does have the weird property of crumpling on counter-hit. If you want to be especially ballsy this can be useful. Also note when using EX Phoenix Smasher dash cancel, you are at best neutral if you input it as fast as possible for a stand alone
, no idea what happens during a chain. Be Careful.
- Resembles Dan's far S.
. Good for chaining and close proximity footsies. Far Standing
- Another great footsie normal because of its huge range. Basically Dan's Far S.
, which is amazing as a poke or chain starter when whiff punishing. Be careful when chaining into Heavies without confirming as they are unsafe.Far Standing
- No real reliable use for this normal except chains. Cannot be special canceled unlike close
and is terrible as an anti-air. Only use it during chains because
has terrible range.Normals(Close Version)Close Standing
- Exact Same as Far Standing
. Can be linked into close
, or crouching
. + 5 on BlockClose Standing
- Paul's best close normal besides
. This is your main Frame trap/meaty normal. It has the same exact combo-ability as Paul's
. If you are chaining your normals and stop at this move, it is completely safe from what I have seen so far. +5 on BlockClose Standing
- Found pretty much no use for this normal, has seriously no range at all, and has crazy startup. It is perfectly safe on block however, and has huge amounts of block stun. If you scare your opponent enough with your frame traps, you can probably use the deceptive block stun on this move to bait a punish. Close Standing
- Pretty much exactly like Dan's Close Standing
. Can be linked into
, and crouching
+3 on BlockClose Standing
- Not a bad normal, but since both Close Standing
and Close Standing
startup faster, and have more frame advantage on hit and block, the move is not very applicable in frame traps. However, when comboing magic series/chain, this should always be the normal used to ensure the chain doesn't whiff. Can be linked to
Completely safe on block.Close Standing
- Also a very weird normal in regards to frame traps. Decent Normal off a Meaty hit on wake up since it has a large amount of active frames and can be dash canceled to lessen the recovery. Other than a meaty hit, not very useful especially since Close standing
leads to easier combos.Normals(Crouching)Crouching
- Same startup as Paul's Standing
, but not as good frame advantage wise. Can be linked into Standing
. The only advantage is has over standing
is it has an extra active frame. Secondary crouching Frame Trap tool, can be used after crouching medium punch to catch mashers.Crouching
- Basically any Shoto's crouching
. Can be linked into another crouching
, or any
. Main crouching Frame Trap tool.Crouching
- Paul's main Anti-Air normal. Starts up very slow, but is pretty consistent as an anti-air from the front. If the opponent is too close to Paul, do not try to use this normal as an anti-air because the hit box is slightly in front of Paul and will whiff. After anti-airing, canceling into Phoenix Smasher charge is advised. This allows Paul to either combo from his anti-air off counter-hit or dash forward after his anti-air allowing him to begin his close ranged game. You can also cancel this normal into Mortar Punch after an anti-air because it will always combo on counter-hit without timing a charge, and will be an overhead mix-up on the now landed opponent. This is another great tool to get Paul in since Mortar Punch is safe on block.Crouching
- Terrible crouching attack that is special cancel-able. It's saving grace is it can be chained into S.
in order to hit confirm a combo. Even though the normal is special cancel-able, only EX Phoenix Smasher, Shredder, and Super will combo.Crouching
- Pretty much a Shoto Crouching
. Hits Low, easily combo'd into, and is safe on block. Very good Footsie tool. All Specials will combo except Mortar Punch and Sway.Crouching
- Decent Sweep, somewhat on the slow side and unsafe on block. Can not
be special canceled. Good for whiff punishing to get in, but do not use it up close.Normals Neutral Jump
- Not good, best to use medium punch.
- Great for air to airs.
- Great for tag cancel combos and is decent air to air. Paul lays completely flat with an elbow below him, can be decent against some anti airs if you neutral jump during pressure, which isn't that smart in the first place.
- Exactly like his diagonal light kick, not very practical from a neutral jump stand point, but can be useful for a tick throw.
- Pretty good air to air, same as his diagonal jump.
- Pretty good air to air where Paul kicks upwards in front of him. Same practical use as Ryu's except a bit slower and swipes vertically rather than horizontally.Normals Diagonal Jump
- Same as Neutral Jump
, really good for air to airs.
- Shoto HP Jump in
- Looks like deejay's command air knee, is kind of decent for fake cross ups and can be used to tick throw.
- Paul's best cross up and is pretty good for air to airs, not as good as
, but still good nonetheless.
- Slow, wind up kick in the air. Basically Dan's Diagonal j.