Sulfur's Devilish Jin Kazama guide!

Sulfur's Devilish Jin Kazama guide!

Postby Sulfur » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:33 pm

This thread is best viewed with: http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=sPihXCOVAxk

CONTENTS:
x
x
x
x
x
Last edited by Sulfur on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fight me on Image - http://steamcommunity.com/id/EHSulfur
Merry Christmas to all!
Spoiler: show
Sulfur

*Remy 3s Overseer
Ghost Rider UMVC3 Overseer
SFxT Vega Overseer*

PSN Gamertag: spypilot3

Introduction

Postby Sulfur » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:41 am

Name: Jin Kazama
HP: 1000
TRUTH: His hair looks cooler than yours.

Jin is an all around character, he has a bit of everything in his arsenal, ranging from solid combos up close to decent "projectiles" from far away(if you want to call them that) . If you can master all of Jin's commands, (and believe me, that's harder than it sounds) then you have a very strong character in the palm of your hand.
In my eyes, i see him better used on anchor because he needs to stay in the drivers seat the entire game, choose a character that has a safer defensive game on point and when you are dominating the game, bring him in to really screw with your enemy.

PROS:
+ mostly good normals. mostly.
+ Stylish Hair
+ The EX charge only adds to his keepaway game, as his fireball acts sort of like Sakura's fireball in a sense (Charging it to be more powerful)
+ something as simple as 1 jab on the enemy can dish out tons of damage

CONS:
- Very, very wacky commands for special moves, gives him a fairly steep learning curve.
- Has no full screen moves aside from his super.
- Terrible defensive game, if you screw up once and your opponent gets in on you, good luck lol.
- Lacks a reliable anti air, the only good one he has relies on prediction.
Last edited by Sulfur on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Merry Christmas to all!
Sulfur

*Remy 3s Overseer
SFxT Vega Overseer*

Normals/Target Combos/Unique Moves

Postby Sulfur » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:42 am

NERMALS:
Hah, LPN

---PUNCHES---

:punch-light:

Ground - An interesting jab, although it is very similar to that of Ryu, it has different combo potential depending on if you are close or far.
30 DMG

Crouch - Its only real use is to add a little extra damage to a chain combo, or to start a link, not that good, but not bad. You won't see yourself using this move very often.
30 DMG

Air - In my experience, all jumping jabs are next to useless, this one doesn't change that statement, only use it if you are in the air at the same time as your opponent and you need to hit them before they hit you.
40 DMG

---

:punch-medium:

Ground - Solid, just like in vanilla, has good range, speed and does great damage
60 DMG

Crouch - Same thing as the standing one i think if it isnt its uses are similar, youre gonna be seeing yourself starting tonnes of combos with his strongs, also connecting with a low strong guarantess the next hit will be far, allowing you to set up the target combos. One of my favorite moves in Jin's arsenal.
60 DMG

Air - I dont think ive ever used this move ever in a game, so yknow. ehhh...
70 DMG

---

:punch-hard:

Ground - Not really good to throw out, but adds a fair amount of damage to any combo, also it can cancel into any special, which not all characters can do with their fierce attacks.
90 DMG

Crouch - terrible, i mean seriously, it f*cking sucks. The hitboxes are messed up and theres no use for it outside of chain combos.
90 DMG

Air - pretty solid air attack, it doesn't cross up, so you can play a mind game with the opponent if they are anticipating a jumping roundhouse.
100 DMG

---KICKS---

:kick-light:

Ground - pretty average stuff here, good for everything his jab can do, the far version is a mediocre anti air, but if timed correctly you can make it work.
30 DMG

Crouch - I dont know its speed in comparison to the crouching jab, but it has more range, so you can use it to poke or start a chain combo if youre too far away to jab.
30 DMG

Air - pretty much as useless as the air strong, dont really see a reason why you would need it ever.
40 DMG

---

:kick-medium:

Ground - One of Jin's best pokes, good speed, range and it does the same damage as his strong.
60 DMG

Crouch - Even a better poke than the standing forward, great range and to the naked eye it looks as if it has the same speed as the standing.
60 DMG

Air - For as awkward as it looks, its twice as deadly. The hitboxes are bigger than you would think and it has the same function as the jumping fierce (being that it doesn't cross up) but its faster. The only downside is that it does less damage than the jumping fierce.
70 DMG

---

:kick-hard:

Ground - Slow and powerful, just like pretty much all other roundhouses in the game, however the far version moves him in pretty far.
90 DMG

Crouch - Its a sweep, nothing more nothing less.
90 DMG

Air - Jin's crossup, use it to screw with your opponent when jumping in, dont be too predictable with it though, as its very
likely you will get your sh*t slapped if they block it.
100 DMG

Target Combos:

:punch-light: :kick-light: :punch-medium: :punch-light: :kick-medium: - Kazama style 5 Hit combo
A very good combo, it is very powerful and fast, and if you connect with a close jab, its a good idea to follow it up with the rest of the combo, this move should be a reflex for you if you main jin (i say that cause its true, but its a nasty habit of mine to not do the combo lol) Also, add a :joystick-right: :plus: :kick-light: to the beginning for the Kazama style 6 hit combo, if you land the overhead (though its hard to do cause the kick is so damn slow) you get a free combo out of it.
155 DMG - 5 hit
174 DMG - 6 hit

(far) :punch-light: :punch-medium:
The startup to his many target combos, the combo itself is like starting a chain
80 DMG

(far) :punch-light: :punch-medium: :kick-light:
ends with the overhead to the kazama style 6 hit, however you cant do the 6 hit combo if you connect with the overhead when its used in this fashion
not a natural combo though, only use it when the opponent crouch blocked the first two hits
80 DMG - first 2 hits
50 DMG - Kick

(far) :punch-light: :punch-medium: :kick-medium:
great for extending damage on a chain to bring your partner in, when you chain with jin (with the far attacks) it should look like this:
[spoiler] :punch-light: :punch-medium: :kick-medium: :kick-hard: or :punch-hard: launch

128 DMG [/spoiler]

(far) :punch-light: :punch-medium: :kick-hard:
Its a chain combo, but its listed as one of his target combos so whatever.
130 DMG

:joystick-left: :plus: :punch-medium: :punch-light:
great way to combo into the special step (ill get into that later though)

Unique Attacks:

:joystick-left: :plus: :punch-medium:
Not very good to throw out, but useful for getting a combo involving the special step going, use it after the first few hits of a combo when youre ready to special step
60 DMG

:joystick-right: :plus: :kick-light:
A slow overhead, only use it if youre sure you can hit it lol. I prefer to use the version after his jab strong target combo better because it is a good guessing game to trap your opponent in (sweep or overhead)
50 DMG
Last edited by Sulfur on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:46 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Merry Christmas to all!
Sulfur

*Remy 3s Overseer
SFxT Vega Overseer*

Special Moves/Super Arts

:joystick-right: N :joystick-down: :joystick-down-right: - Special Step
:punch-light: - Thrusting Uppercut
:punch-medium: or :punch-hard: - Right Roundhouse Punch
:kick-medium: - Lunging Low Roudhouse Kick
:kick-light: :plus: :kick-medium: - Spinning Flare Kick

The Special Step is one of Jin's most dangerous moves, however it's awkward command may turn off many people from playing him. Basically what it is is a half screen dash, with 4 options of attack, Jab is an uppercut, which does indeed launch the opponent, best used mid combo, never just go in with it. Strong or Fierce does a knockdown punch, which is awesome for adding that extra damage after a juggle, however, dont rush in with it, its really easy to block and its wicked unsafe on block or whiff. The forward does a low strike, and Short and Forward at the same time do an overhead. Whats neat about the kick moves is that they combo into each other, hitting low than mid in one combo is wicked hard to block for the opponent. If you're gonna try to rush in with the step, go for the kick moves, your opponent will have to guess what you're going to do. During the step, Jin is invulnerable for a good portion of it as well, and it goes under fireballs.
Also, whats nice about the special step is you can make the input easier by inputting

:joystick-down: :joystick-down-right: :joystick-right: :joystick-down: :joystick-down-right: :joystick-right:

:punch-light: - 60 DMG
:punch-medium: - 130 DMG
:kick-medium: - 50 DMG
:kick-light: :plus: :kick-medium: - 80 DMG
sweep flip combo - 130 DMG

:joystick-down: :plus: :kick_2x: - Mental Alertness
:punch-light: - Left Drill Punch
:punch-medium: or :punch-hard: - Swinging Fist Strikes (During Left Drill Punch)
:punch-medium: or :punch-hard: - Swaying Willow
:kick-Light: - Leaping Side Kick
:kick-medium: or :hard: - Right Sweep

:joystick-down: :joystick-down-right: :joystick-right: :plus: :punch: - Penetrating Fist

:joystick-down: :joystick-down-left: :joystick-left: :plus: :punch: - Power Stance

:joystick-right: :joystick-left: :joystick-right: :plus: :punch: - Median Line Destruction
Last edited by Sulfur on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:58 am, edited 7 times in total.
Merry Christmas to all!
Sulfur

*Remy 3s Overseer
SFxT Vega Overseer*

Combos/Combo Videos

Combos:

Bread n' Butters (Get these memorized, as they are your go to combos in a fight)
:joystick-left: :plus: :punch-medium: :punch-light: :joystick-right: N :joystick-down: :joystick-down-right: :punch-light: Cr. :punch-medium: :punch-medium: :joystick-down: :joystick-down-right: :joystick-right: :plus: :punch-3x: (Corner Only)
JIns best corner combo using meter, and most damaging combo including a super as well

Jump :kick-hard:/ :punch-hard: / :kick-medium: Cr. :punch-medium: Stand :punch-light: :punch-medium: :kick-medium: :kick-hard: :kick-hard: -
From what I have found, this is the best way for jin to execute his launcher.

:joystick-down: :plus: :punch-medium: (optional, but recommended) :joystick-left: :plus: :punch-medium: :punch-light: :joystick-right: N :joystick-down: :joystick-down-right: :punch-light: juggle with :kick-medium: :joystick-right: N :joystick-down: :joystick-down-right: :punch-medium:
that is THE bread and butter with jin, its tricky getting the juggle with the MK but possible, just keep practicing
Also possible after a chain tag if you dont use the cr strong at the beginning

(while opponent is jumping) :joystick-down: :plus: :kick_2x: :kick-light: juggle w/ :joystick-down: :plus: :punch-medium: :joystick-down: :plus: :punch-medium: :joystick-down: :joystick-down-right: :joystick-right: :plus: :punch-3x:
easy damage off a predicted jump if you have the meter for it, (457)

Flair! (Not necessary, to win, but they wil show you know how to time your sh*t and look cool whilst doing it)

Combo Videos:
(To see how they look)

DISCLAIMER: I may post the same video in both sections here, because the video may cover the BnB's and the Flashy stuff

Bread n' Butters
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MS3SEkLuMmY

Flair!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MS3SEkLuMmY
Last edited by Sulfur on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:00 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Merry Christmas to all!
Sulfur

*Remy 3s Overseer
SFxT Vega Overseer*

What we learned.

Postby Sulfur » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:43 am

- Jin relies on controlling the match, if he gets hit once, his lackluster defensive options could put him in big trouble.
- Jin is best used on anchor because hes not built for rushdown play, its a good idea to tag him in when you have control with your point character
- His hair is cooler than yours
- His best special moves are his Special step and the mental alertness stance, the other ones should only be used occasionally
- Your best normals are:
:joystick-down: :plus: :punch-medium: , :punch-medium: , :kick-medium: in air, :kick-hard: in air, :kick-medium: , :joystick-down: :plus: :kick-medium:
- he struggles against characters that are built for rushdown, dont have him in too long when fighting characters like those.
- He's paired best with a character who can get him in safely allowing him to maintain control of the match.
- His specials are not to be abused, as they are unsafe and dont have much variety, so they are easier to read.
- Before you play online, make sure you have mastered special step cancelling.
Last edited by Sulfur on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Merry Christmas to all!
Sulfur

*Remy 3s Overseer
SFxT Vega Overseer*

Re: Sulfur's Devilish Jin Kazama guide!

Postby Sulfur » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:40 am

Alright the template is down.
Merry Christmas to all!
Sulfur

*Remy 3s Overseer
SFxT Vega Overseer*

Re: Sulfur's Devilish Jin Kazama guide!

Postby Sulfur » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:58 pm

god dammit, now im linked on the FP and have to finish the thing lol

whatever, i think i can do it now
Merry Christmas to all!
Sulfur

*Remy 3s Overseer
SFxT Vega Overseer*

Re: Introduction

Postby FatMus2 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:23 pm

Sulfur wrote:Name: Jin Kazama

Now that's just a lie 8-)
Seriously though, finish up this guide. I've found writing guides help me understand the character more. If the same holds true for you then you will realise Jin is truly amazing.

And just a quick Jin tip, know that just because his "projectile" isn't like Ryu or Guile doesn't make it crap. Sure it's not the same, but when you figure out how to utilise it in the right way it's awesome.
Than. Now. 4 Life.
FatMus2

*SFxT Heihachi & Yoshimitsu Overseer*

Xbox Gamertag: Fat Mus2

Re: Introduction

Postby Sulfur » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:53 pm

FatMus2 wrote:
Sulfur wrote:Name: Jin Kazama

Now that's just a lie 8-)
Seriously though, finish up this guide. I've found writing guides help me understand the character more. If the same holds true for you then you will realise Jin is truly amazing.

And just a quick Jin tip, know that just because his "projectile" isn't like Ryu or Guile doesn't make it crap. Sure it's not the same, but when you figure out how to utilise it in the right way it's awesome.

yeah, ive seen some players do tricky things with it, in fact i was fighting dq the other day and learned it can be used for baiting which i never thought of.

FTR the jin mirror match is one of the hardest mirror matches in the game lol.
Merry Christmas to all!
Sulfur

*Remy 3s Overseer
SFxT Vega Overseer*

Next

Return to Jin